Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tires, tires, tires... I ordered the BearClaws!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires, tires, tires help me decide.. bearclaws or mudlites

Just for clarification, the BearClaws are 6 ply. Some outdated web sites list them as 4 ply. About 1 year ago they upgraded the tire and some dealers never changed their spec sheets. I have the Bear Claws and they are incredibly tough. I have no problem in the mud, but most of my concern was all the cut over timber I ride. This means riding through very sharp rocks and sticks. No problem with the tires, they have gotten me through every time. By the way, the stock Dunlops were flat (2 of them) within 5 mins. on the same terrain. No exaggeration. For what it's worth, I have only heard good things about the MudLites as well.

Old 02-14-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the clarification on the bearclaws. That will make a difference. They both sound like excellent tires.

Old 02-14-2003, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

Bearclaws. Best bang for your buck. A very well built tire and like trailburner said they do a good job of protecting your rim.

Old 02-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

whereisthemud---- I think that the BearClaws are the choice. Low price, lite weight. I wouldn't worry about the 4-ply ratings. I run run 2 ply Maxxis SurTrax on the back of mine. I have had VERY little tire trouble. One thorn, as I recall, in 1000 miles! I may go to the "claws" myself, if I can't afford the ATR's come spring!

Old 02-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

ALMOST FORGOT, here is where I bought my Radial Outlaws--- www.nebraskatire.com Check'em out! Cheap tire source.

Old 02-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

Bear claws.

Old 02-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Just called and spoke with my dealer on the tires and they said it's not covered and they won't replace it. I didn't expect them to, but wanted to let them know they are selling junk tires on them. He said most of the Prairies go out the door with aftermarket ones on. So I asked how much for Kenda BearClaws. I almost fainted when they said they wanted $74/each for 26-9-12 and $97/each for 26-12-12. I let them know that they were about $30 overpriced on each tire and oh well. Talk about some ripoff prices. That is plus mounting if you wanted it done there for about $15 per tire. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Well onto the next place to check on.....

Old 02-14-2003, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

I found my atr's cheapest on tiresunlimited.com . I can't reiterate enough how awesome these tires are on trail conditions. The ride is as soft or softer than stock and traction is excellent. Just not good for deep mud. I am resolved to get a set of rims and mud ready tires as well here in a few months. I was debating between mudlites and bearclaws as well. It seems the bearclaws are the tried and true tire, with lots of loyal users and generally good reviews. From the few people that have ridden both mudlites and bearclaws, people like the mudlites. They supposedly handle better on trail rides, and hold their own in the mud. I plan on a set of 26 mudlites in the near future. Note the bearclaws are more of a square design compared to the rounded mudlites.

Old 02-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

I bought mine at www.4atvtires.com

Good price, fast delivery. I took mine to a tire shop and they changed them for $8 each. The Bearclaws are a long lasting "proven" tire that has treated me very well. I ride in mud and love to rock crawl and on occation I have gone to the dunes, however I love to ride fast on hard pack technical trails and they perform great. They are awesome tires.

Old 02-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, that is where I have found the best price so far. Wonder what their turn around time is on them. Need them mounted by next Wednesday night. Good to hear you liked dealing with them.

Quick Reply: Tires, tires, tires... I ordered the BearClaws!!