Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

TECATE loyals,where are you all.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TECATE loyals,where are you all.

OK, dump question: How do you strip the paint off of the radiator? Will regular aircraft stripper
do it??? Thanks!

Old 03-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes regular aircraft stripper is what i use and it works great.i use a earosol can called TAL-STRIP it's made by MARHYDE.the best **** i've ever used.

Old 03-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Killerkx327 - My Tecate is running great at the moment. I'm sending you an email with the details. To everyone else, my first experience taking a 2 stroke motor apart was painless.

Old 03-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

You're not kidding -- that Marhyde stripper works great. It stripped the paint off of my radiator pretty nice. Thanks for the advice.

Old 03-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

Im here! Im still in the process of piecing together my 87 Tecate 4. Cant wait till I get it going shouldnt be to much longer. Hey killerkx I will be giving you a call here soon.

Old 03-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

ok sounds good.glad the stripper worked well for you.

RINGGOLD,give me a call when you're ready i'm always ready to help.

Old 03-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

yo KillerJB! what's up! how's the biz going? Nice to see T4 riders again. haven't been much in atv's over the winter...too much snow! spring is here and I'm getting the quad bug again! can't wait to go riding.

Just got another KXF last week. good price. This one's WHITE. It's all stock (minus a DG silencer). I can't wait to run it along side my green one. I've never ridden a bone stock tecate before. It'll be interesting. I'll probably wind up swapping some parts, keeping the white plastics on the side and selling what's left...but not til summer I think. I need time to ride and compare.

So, Sprock went under for good. That's a shame. Corey seemed like a nice guy. Do you know what he's doing now?

Tell me, JB...

Why don't YOU make some pipes?? The hell with these other pipes. I've got 4 different pipes now (Stock, FMF, Powerpros and Sprock) and none are ideal for ME. They all got their good points but the power curves are almost the same. I want a Gnarly-style pipe...strong bottom, rocket mid and OK top. Not that I'm complaining but (you know me) I love splitting hairs!

I just got a RAD valve (screw Vforce) and ESR TRX 6 pipe (low to mid monster pipe) for my R back in the fall. The combo turned my low RPMs from sluggish to lively. It stays on the pipe with almost no effort now.

So how about it?? any other takers out there?!?!

Old 03-18-2003, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

2STROKEFOREVER,
Hey hows it going ?thought you gave up on the quad thing.
have i got a pipe for you.i have an original KLEMM research pipe and silencer both in excellent condition.this is probablyu the only pipe you will ever find that gives you more lowend then any other pipe with a really good midrange and topend.the old team kawasaki tecate race pipe.

and as far as your radvalve on the "R" ?the radvalve is the biggest piece of propaganda junk i've ever seen.not at any time in all the dyno testing i've done with every style of motor ever made i've i ever seen a gain in power with the rad valve. you will not be happy with when the temperature changes and you have to rejet for every 10 degrees in temperature.what made the difference on your "R" was the ESR pipe. those are excellent pipes.eddie has those down to a science.

Old 03-18-2003, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

how much for the klemm pipe??

Well, if the rad valve had nothing to do with, I wouldn't know. I put them on together. But that TRX 6 pipe is awesome. Too bad he doesn't do tecate pipes. I'd love a TRX 6-style pipe for the KXF.

Old 03-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Killerjb - You mentioned to me a while back over the phone that I would have better performance if I took my FMF head pipe off and put the stocker back on. How does the power curve compare? My current setup is FMF head and Silencer.

thanks

Quick Reply: TECATE loyals,where are you all.