Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

P650 Camouflage

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P650 Camouflage

Hey everyone,

While doing some research on the new purchase of a 650, I've talked to a few people that have recommended that I don't get a Camouflage 650. According to them the plastic on the camo seems harder then the red and the green, and for that reason, this makes the plastic more brittle and seems to be easier to break or crack. I mentioned this to our local dealer, and he seem to confirm this info. According to him, he's seen 2 camo 650 in the shop with broken fenders. He seem to think that red or green fenders where more flexible. I was very disapointed to hear this info. Has anyone had any problems with the camo fenders or heard of anyone having problems?

Thanks

Dan

Old 02-22-2003, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default P650 Camouflage

prove me wrong but I don't buy this one. If there is a difference it can not be much. It's probably more the rider and enviroment. I felt the camo I didn't feel it was different and my next P650 will be camo. The weather is cold here and everything is brittle here, you just keep that in mind. I know one person here with P650 camo and no problems. Very few dealers drive atvs as much as we do. BTW most camos are stickers on green plastic, But I don't think this is the case with Kawi? I think the responses from camo drivers on this fourm is the only reliable source of info.

Old 02-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default P650 Camouflage

Thanks Kawi650

That's what I figured, but I just wanted to double check before I went ahead and made the purchase.

Old 02-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default P650 Camouflage

I wish mine was camo.

I have offered to swap red with camo, but that offer always goes either unanswered or the topic ends with it.

Old 02-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default P650 Camouflage

I have a camo 650 and i have not had any problems with the plastic. i really like it. i would agree with kawi650 i think the the plastic on camo and the green and red machines are pretty close to being the same. i think you will be really happy with the camo if you decide on it. its also nice in that it does not show sratches either. as far as putting the camo on they take the green plastic place it all in a bath of some solution and the camo patteren is layed onto the plastic, then it adheres to it. its almost like developing a picture.

Old 02-23-2003, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P650 Camouflage

Your right on how the camo pattern is applied over the green body. This is the same method of applying the camo, as the three rifles that I have, including the barrels. There is a name for this camo application but I can't remember what it is.
These plastic fenders on all of the 650's are very thin.

Old 02-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default P650 Camouflage

I bought a red one with plans on putting that camo custom fit cover on it. It's likely that I will be making trails through the woods and beating down brush and would rather the brush scrap against that cover instead of the plastic. It's also removable and washable. It's also cheaper than the price difference between a red 650 and a camo 650

Old 02-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default P650 Camouflage

I have had mine for a year now, and the only complaint is that the fit of the fuel tank cover is poor. The original cover was off by as much as 1/4 inch gap, and the replacement also had similar gaps. I found the same problem on two other Camo P650 in Motorcycle City's showroom. The red and green versions had much better fit.

Is it the manufacturer problem or just this shop? I don't know. but its a minor flaw in an otherwise awesom package...

Old 02-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P650 Camouflage

My Camo fit isn't very good either at the middle to front section. When I took the front fender off to install the Progressive Springs & when I reinstalled the plastic camo sections, I still couldn't get that tighter fit that I wanted. I'm going to take a look at it again & see why the inserts/tabs are not lining up correctly for the two plastic body pieces to fit better.
I had the camo cover for my '02 650 & didn't like it. The cover was a tight fit, no problem there but what I didn't care for was how the cover was a magnet to collect dirt. When I removed it from the plastic, I had layers of dirt/grit under the cover, which ended up scratching the heck out of the green plastic. The cover will also tear easy, just by rubbing up against branches & bushes. I did find that by taking off the front black plastic rack cover, it did make it easier to get the camo cover on tight.
Now that I have the Factory Advantage Classic color plastic & seeing how it does not show dirt at all, without a doubt, at least for me, this colored camo plastic is the only way to go.

Old 02-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default P650 Camouflage

Hey Nyroc, I would wish mine was camo too. I wonder if you could buy the camo body from the factory?

Quick Reply: P650 Camouflage