Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Where to mount switchosourus

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount switchosourus

I am finnally getting around to wiring up my winch, got some good quality 6 guage wire that should do the trick, and got an automotive battery cutoff switch for when I park the machine, no selenoid.
Im wondering where all the other Warn A2000 people mounted the huge switch at? I dont have any metal extending from my racks like the 650 guys. Thinking of drilling and mounting it on the back of my Kawasaki front storage box, then sealing the holes. Anybody? Thanks!

Old 02-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

Other options:
Warn has a rocker switch that replaces the not so good rotary switch
The rocker has an 8 way mounting bracket and is heavy duty
You can also get the contactor for a 2500 and just use a stealth water proof return to center flip switch.
I think over time you will hate the big rotary switch
Just my 2 cents..

Old 02-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

All good sudgestions, I allready have a remote Warn switch from a truck winch, dont know if this will plug into an ATV contactor or not. Bottom line is right now I have to be cheap. Wife is due in May and im lucky to even have the winch, or the wheeler for that matter!
The newer Contactor is a definate, but later on... Thanks. Keep em comin....

Old 02-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

I used some wireties instead of the mounting bolts and bracket it comes with. You try a spot with the ties and if you don't like it cut them off and move it around. Makes it much easier to mount and un mount.

I have my racks off the bike right now to paint them. (I bought it used and the former owner put truckbed liner on the racks and I did not like it.)

So mine is temporarily mounted to my front bumper top with the wire ties.

They have a nice warn rocker switch with mounting kit for the a2000 winch at cabela's.com for like $54.xx looks sharp. Check it out.

I did a completed items check on ebay and you should be able to sell the swithosours for about $20 bucks or so.

I am also trying to figure out if the rockerswitch will work safely without a solenoid. (any one out there tried this?)

If so I am going to sell the solenoid on ebay too. Should bring about $20 more bucks. Hopefully when I am all done I will have a rocker switch upgrade for about $20 bucks.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-25-2003, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Good research, looks like the switch on Cabelas should hold the full load safely, from what they say, probably has four wires instead of 4 posts like the switchasourus, but I dont know. The Selenoid only cuts power with the wheeler off, no other benifit really. Should be safe without it, but thats why I got the automotive battery cutoff switch to mount under my seat, so I can cut it off when I park the machine, just to be safe.

Old 02-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Range Rover

I assume that swich is available at most auto parts places. Is it fairly cheap to buy? I think I am going to do that too.

Old 02-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

They are between 10 and 20 bucks at auto part stores, I got a neat one with removeable key for 13. Should be reliable if it can hold automotive current, only thing now is finding a nice spot closest to the battery to mount it where it wont short out on anything. Too cold today to work on it though.