Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave tires and spark plug

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mojave tires and spark plug

It's time to buy new tires for my mojave. I was lookin at the itp spider trax and i found a tire that might fit except it is 2.5 inches wider and im not sure if i can just transfer them over with new rims. I think the exhaust will get in the way. I also changed the spark plug to the plug without the resister in it. I have a 2002 and it calls for the one with the resister. I noticed a lot more power with the new one. the front end picks up in 1,2,3rd gear. I was told by someone out onthe trails that it will eventually burn a hole in my piston. dose any one know if hes tellin the truth or blowin smoke.

Old 02-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mojave tires and spark plug

The "R" in the plugs normaclature number means resister, such as a NGK BR8ES is the same as a NGK B8ES. The resister is to nock some noise out of the electrical system, mostly for poeple who use the intercom system on bikes. With out a resister in plugs in a car your stereo system has a buzz or constant hum in it, not realy a non or pro performance feature. As long as you used the same plug just not having the "R" in it you will be alrite.

The tires don't sound like a good optiion. Go to www.treadepot.com, at this site when you look up the tires you can also find the wieght of the tires. When I was looking for an extra set I wanted another set of 22" tires for ground clearence. By using the actuall specs I found that not only were the 20" just a mier 1/4" shorter but they were two pounds lighter per tire. On the smaller four stroke engines and primarally a quad like the mojave that needs to accellerate up in the RPM's quickly to get to it's real power range the wieght of the tires is a real big thing.