Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

nyroc's exhaust mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 01:52 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nyroc's exhaust mod

do you have to rejet for this mod

Old 03-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Parker,

Just getting back to you on the comparison between the nyroc mod and my T4 pro circuit. I'll have to wait to give you a performance comparison until we replace the belt on his 650. We went out Sunday but his belt is slipping quite bad, we plan on replacing it this week as well as some other mods to bring it closer to the specs on my bike, so I'll give you a more detailed comparison later.

I can tell you the difference sound wise though. HUGE. We removed the rear packing and drilled 6 - 3/8" holes. It's about twice as load as the stock pipe. From idle to about 1/2 throttle it's very similar to my T4, it has a nice rumble and not too annoying. However, from 1/2 throttle up is where the sound is reallly different. My T4 gets really loud when your on the gas, to the point where it can get a little annoying on extended road rides. The nyroc mod does not share this trait, actually the sound seems to smoothen out as the revs built. This is a huge benefit as you get the nice note while trailing but not the annoying roar at the upper rpm. My friend considers this enough of a benefit that he is thinking about keeping the modded pipe and selling his T4. I'll keep you posted as we finish the other changes and give you a more fair & complete comparison.

Old 03-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Steve, got your pm, I stopped at Freedom today on my way home from Hfx. and was checking out a bike they have there with the Big Gun on, that is a nice sounding exhaust, It doesn't have the loudness that the Pro Circuit 4 does, not sure how they compare in performance, but it certainly has a more acceptable sound level, to my ears anyways. Got to get down and check out your friends nyroc mod, though.

Old 03-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Blair,

I think you would like the mod. Total cost would be around $40 (Drill, welding, etc..), has a nice sound and not as harsh. Truth will be in the performance, will keep you posted.

Steve

Old 03-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

Steve, I am off this weekend, how about getting together then for a ride, perhaps saturday. I am gonna head down that way sat. morning.

Old 03-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Scotia650...I'm anxiously awaiting the results.

I took the stock exhaust off completely on Saturday. I used a 4" angle grinder with fine grit sandpaper. I'm not sure how to describe it, but the sandpaper goes on a semi-circular/semi-triangular disc with holes in it to see through and actually see what your sanding. Anyways I sanded down the rust and crud on the entire exhaust and headers to bare shiney steel (looks damn good bare!). I even sanded down the welds to the point that the bumps are gone. I bought some High Strength Rust-o-leum 1200 degree paint and will be repainting the entire system after I cut the end off and do the mod. Should look pretty good...I'm going to take some pics of it before and after I paint it. I will also take some pics of the bike, she's completely nekkid...looks rather ugly to tell you the truth....

My garage looks like a bomb hit it with plastics all over the place. I hope I remember how it goes back together!

Old 03-18-2003, 07:42 AM
Pro Rider

Blair,

I'll let you know about this weekend. We'll definately be riding either Saturday or Sunday.

Steve

Old 03-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Range Rover

OK guys. I took the sawzall to the exhaust last night, battery went dead (cordless) and have it charging up. My question is did you all cut straight through the exhaust and RIGHT THROUGH THE BAFFLE/SPARK ARRESTOR (the pipe inside the exhaust that has a bunch of holes in it, you can see it if you look in from the back of the exhaust). I am not sure if I should just cut the metal housing of the exhaust and try to pop the whole end piece off without cutting through that baffle/spark arrestor or if I should just rip straight down through the whole thing. Any help would be appreciated .... thanks....

Old 03-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

I have the same question. I can't cut through the entire muffler because I'm using a Dremel to do it. I'll be cutting then outside metal. I read somewhere that after you cut through the outside metal, the cap will pop off after tapping it with a hammer. But the spark arrester goes way past the weld, so it seems that the cap is more than just a cap, but goes into the muffler some.

Old 03-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, screw the cutoff blades with the Dremel.....I just used up 3 cutoff blades and have a long way to go. I need a Sawzaw.

Quick Reply: nyroc's exhaust mod