Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Vforce results (1st dune trip)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vforce results (1st dune trip)

I took the Vforce to the dunes today. First thing I fond out was that those heavy 6 ply hole shot tire are the worst tires I have ever had out on the dunes. the bike was totaly helpless. I had ordered sand tires both front and rear over a week ago but the rear wheels are some special bolt pattern that are on back order so stock tires were all I had. I could not take it, so I ended up getting some 22/ 11/10's there at a local shop right there on the dunes. All they had in that size were Hauler extreams. Good tires but very $$$. I had to use my stock rims.

Performance: The bike had about 5 hrs of easy break in time when I got there. It was time to see what she had. In total stock form she beats stock raptors and stock shees, however there are more modded bikes there than not. I swaped bikes with my friends to see what different rider weights would do for its performance. The bike's motor is still a little tight but it ran well against all the other stock bikes. I think a few common 4 stroke mods will put it well in the hunt with most 4 strokes out there. The heavy modded shee's are not likely to be beat by any thing other than other better modded shee's. I think the cost is way to high to get a 4 stroke to that level. All in all I was happy with the new kawi.

Does onyone one know when the kawi dual pipe set will be available

Old 03-16-2003, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

You raced up hills or drag raced? What tires did the Raptor have?

Old 03-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

with the paddles on it, did the front end act light? you know like the raptor with paddles. i talked to the kawi dealer here and they were telling me the front end seemed very light when you punch it. wheelie.
i would bet this engine has a bunch of hop-up potential

turbo bobby

Old 03-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

The front end was not fealing light at all. On dirt or grass yes but in realy soft sand it was not light at all.I thought it would be so we were launching the bike sitting way up on the seat to keep the front end down but that was causing alot of wheel spin. By the end of the day we were realy launching from the very back of the seat and geting great whole shots. From the very back of the seat we were getting the front just a little light but the front tires were staying on the ground.

We were draging not hill climbing. and we must have raced 20 to 30 different raptors with multiple different results, from beating stock bikes every time to dead even with piped bikes to loosing to very modded rappy's, As for paddel tires on the raptors you name it I am sure there were some out there. Its spring break season there were a few thousand people there. Only 2 700's, my orange one and an older fella had a green one.

Old 03-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

are you going back down next sat? i plan on being there on sat from 9 am to 6 pm. taking the predator up with my guns loaded[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] alky and tripple buff haulers!

turbo bobby

Old 03-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

I will be riding in texas (munster) next weekend, then back to the dunes the following weekend, then Arkansas (chadwick), then back to the dunes the next. I wont be bring the 700 to texas just the p650, I had to dismount the stock tires yesterday in order to get paddels put on it, they dont have rear wheels in stock yet.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Vilnrk,
What do you like between your Predator and the Raptor. Stock to stock wich would be more race oreintated, then wich is more receptive of modification. I see you have a turbo'd Raptor, I turbo'd one for a friend last year after I turbo charbed my 650 and put it on the juice. I found the Raptor stock trany couldn't handle the extra power is there something you changed to offset the increase of ponys.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

hahahahaha.....i blew the billet fortin gears to pieces!!! that was last summer,as of now the who kit-n-kaboodle is in a million pieces in my shop. sitting back waiting for the 02 gears to prove themselves.

stock to stock the predator is faster.

as a matter of fact....i have my predator out running banshees with t-5's!!
granted i have it on alcohol to do this....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
i plan to head to LS saturday and change how a lot of people THINK the predator is slow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

o btw....i blew the tranny at 15psi boost
my main goal was to establish a base line to gage my adjustments by and eventually convert it to alky also, maybe later this year i will put it back together.

turbo bobby