Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki cargo storage boxes

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki cargo storage boxes

I want to get one of those cargo storage boxes that goes on the rear rack of my 650. I like the size of the front OEM cargo box that Kawasaki offers on buykawasaki.com, but the rear one they sell is too big for my needs. Seems like the front one is the perfect size, but I'm not sure it will fit/look good mounted to my rear rack. Has anyone tried mounting the front cargo box on their rear rack?

Old 03-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

btt

Old 03-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you are talking about, but not sure what I want either. I don't know how big the back rack one is and if it would get in my way if I wanted to lean back.

Old 03-24-2003, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

I've considered doing the same thing with mine, however the bolt holes don't line up correctly. If you want to mount your front box to the rear, you're going to have to figure out some other sort of attachment system. A couple of strategicly-placed U-bolts should do the trick.

Old 03-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

I have the large Kawasaki cargo box, and I don't even think about it being on there. I let my nephew ride it yesterday w/me on back just puttin around. It was kind of nice to lean back on the box, after riding around the backyard for an hour at 3-5 mph. It is very sturdy, I hit low limbs all the time. And is almost waterproof. I say almost because it will leak if pressure is applied, or if submerged. Plus, you can haul just about anything you can think of for the ride!

BTW, it comes off with 4 wing nuts. It takes less than 5 minutes.

Old 03-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

If the front box is mounted on the rear rack, will it interfere with removing the seat?

Old 03-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Kawasaki box for the front of a P400, very similar to 650 box. It didnt have any mounting holes drilled in it, so if its anything like the 650 you would have to drill them anyway. It looks like it would work although the contours wouldnt be the same. I love the box on mine, very watertight, only drawback is there is no handle or grip spot to open the lid, makes it hard sometimes.

Trending Topics

Old 03-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Range Rover

I have both the front and rear boxes from Kawasaki for the P650. Really like both. The rear may seem a little big until you start storing stuff. It can hold quite a lot. Does not get in the way of the seat, plus it makes a good back rest when resting on the trail.

Old 03-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Range Rover

That is what I did and I love it . It doesn't get cought on trees on tight trails and I think it looks better than the big box. Yes I have to remove the two nuts that come downthrough the fenders that hold the rear rack and then just tilt it back you don't even have to loosen the two rear bolts and since I have the box on I don't have to get the seat off that often. I just drilled holes down through the box and used the u bolts that came with it. This can be done much eaiser if you take the box off first.

Old 03-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to order the front box. Where did you order it from? My dealer, and also buykawasaki.com wants $134.95 for it. anyone know of a cheaper place?

Quick Reply: Kawasaki cargo storage boxes