Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Which Rear Seat--ER--Storage trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Rear Seat--ER--Storage trunk?

I have been wondering which rear seat to get for my new 03’ P-650. I want lots of storage as well as a comfortable seat that does not interfere too much with me while riding. By the way I am 6’4” 220 lbs. I also have seen the foot pegs in a few pics that might interest me.

Any and all input or information would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like prices and where to find them if possibl

Old 03-31-2003, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have the kimpex seat which is comfortable and has lots of storage. The only complaint is with the locks on the compartments. I've had this thing for just over a year and neither latch holds properly, sometimes it's hard to get the covers to hook and other times they may vibrate loose while riding. Perhaps they fixed this problem in later models.

Old 04-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Come on guys I would like some advice please.

Old 04-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Xovan

I would buy the Kimpex rear seat. It has nice storage compartments, break light integrated into the seat, and you can replace the passenger grips with handwarmer grips. I didn't purchase the Kimpex model when I bought mine, but I regret not buying it now. Also the Kimpex quality seems to be very good. My Front Bumper, Rear Bumber, Fender Protectors, and Foot Pegs are all from Kimpex, and they all fit great.

Old 04-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Xovan,

If you purchase the Kimpex seat, I would think twice about hooking up the light. I connected mine to the rear light so that both worked togeather. After a few weeks of riding the light socket in the seat vibrated loose and shorted out, burning up 1/2 my wiring harness. My dealer was kind enough to replace everything under warrenty but I didn't bother with the light again.

Old 04-02-2003, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

I have a seatbox but don't use it as I now have aluminum boxes on my quad. The main reason I took it off is because they don't seal worth crap. Put a bunch of stuff in it and tear down a dusty road and all your stuff is full of dust. Or wash your quad and open your box to find there is water in it. That don't happen with my aluminum boxes. I'm gonna put it in the paper and sell it.

Old 04-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

The kawi box is probably the best sealing, most storing and toughest. I have it and I like it as long as I dont have a passenger.

The cabela's box (the good one) is probably the best seat, and least storing. My bro has it and likes it.