Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

spring kit for clutch and pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring kit for clutch and pipe

I want to know if any of you guys out there have put a spring kit on your prairie 650 and what kind of improvements did it make. Was it worth the time and effort of installing it. Also does a pipe on a prairie650 worth the investment or should I just stay with the stock pipe.

Old 04-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring kit for clutch and pipe

I would probably just stick with the black rear secondary spring for now instead of the kit. My kit came with the secondary and a choice of a red or orange primary spring. I installed the red primary, which I really like with the 28's, but I've seen some people post that they thought it was a little rough for trailing. The orange engages at 300 rpm higher so that is quite harsh. My point is that you buy the kit and pay for three springs, only to use two at the most. The secondary helps extend belt life so that is a must purchase and if you decide you want the primary then buy the red one seperately and save the extra money. You shouldn't need the primary unless your running larger agressive tires and need the extra rpm to get them moving in the slop. Installation is not a big deal, just make a tool for changing the secondary spring based on the one from nyroc's site.

As for a pipe, I would recommend doing the nyroc mod from his site. We have one bike with a pro circuit T4 and one with this mod. The mod has a nice solid sound without the loud harshness of the T4. Also, there doesn't seem to be a great difference in performance between the two. The difference? $500 for the T4, $20 for a drill & welding plus a little bit of your time making the nyroc mod. Makes it an easy decision in my books.

Hope this helps, enjoy.