Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

top secret

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top secret

I live in nebraska. 40 min from where everyones p650s v700s p400s and so on are made. I shouldent be telling everyone this but its to good to keep to my self. A friend of mine works for kawi im not exzactly sure what he dose there but he has been there for 10 or so years. well to get to the point i told him i was looking at getting a nother 650 and i was wondering what he could get one for he said "dont bother this is the last year for the 650s, they'll be 700s next year, but dont tell anyone!" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] i hope he wasn't pulling my leg. but i would tend to belive him. oh just for info so you know what your dealer and mine for that matter marks up your v700. he said if they buy somthing they get it at stock cost wich for the v700 is $5100 so im guessing a p650 would be 5600( the v force price was the only one he knew for sure)

and he's told me some interesting stories about the test track in behind the plant.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default top secret

i worked at the linclon plant 10 or 12 years ago, but don't remember anything about a test track. Although it may have been added since.I really can't see them getting rid of one of there best selling quads, but who knows. I still have friends that work there and they get them for dealer cost.Do you know of any good riding areas around nebr.?? I live about 50 miles east and south of lincoln.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default top secret

well iguess i cant say test track but they do have an area that they can do some riding

and they are not getting rid of the p650 its just turning into a p700

and the best place to ride in nebraska is on the loup river check out a map oof nebraska we ride the loup from columbus to monroe ocasionally we ride all the way to genoa. another good place to ride is the head works park in just west of genoa its someting like 1300 acres of trails with a couple of half mile long superwide sand bars to open up on go to this site to get a little more info and i highly recomend if your a big rider to join nohva they are doing alot for us nebraskan riders its worth it check it out www.nohva.com

Old 04-07-2003, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default top secret

I have heard of nohva and will probably join. I hope to get out that way and do some riding later this summer. There is a riding area in Council Bluffs, IA that i want to check out first ( its alot closer). I do remember hearing of them doing some tests on the ninja motorcycles when i worked there so they probably do have a test area, would be interesting to see the results of some of the things they've tested. Have fun and ride safe....

Old 04-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default top secret

ive been to the one in IA its not that much fun me and a buddy went up there one morning and planned on riding the entire day we rode every trail in less than 2 hours, turned around and went home so we could spend the rest of the day on the river

Old 04-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default top secret

That's a bummer, I've been by it but haven't ridden on it yet (gotta wait til turkey season is over). I'll definately have to make a trip out to western nebr. and do some riding.

Old 04-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Range Rover
Default top secret

I rode with Yellow up at Council Bluffs and I wouldn't even waste your time. Get up to the HeadWorks and do some real riding. Other than that we make a trip up to Halsey, NE. It isn't as fun but it is a nice change of scenery. If that 700 Prairie rumor is true, I think my 660 Grizzly will be up for a trade.

Old 04-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default top secret

There are more parks than just that one in Iowa, go to iowaohv.com and see the other parks and riding info. We are working on getting a park opened up here in Fort Dodge, Iowa that will be around 2000 acres! The last weekend in October we will also have the 12 Hours Of America race. Oh, I have also heard that the new Prairies will be 700's,,, I may consider trading mine off for one but until I actually see and ride one it's just a rumor!

Old 04-07-2003, 03:25 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default top secret

Originally posted by: yellow68601
I shouldent be telling everyone --- but dont tell anyone!" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I am not going to tell you any secrets that's for sure.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Range Rover
Default top secret

Yeah no kidding on the secret part. Yellow is a friend of mine so I better watch what I say to him so it doesn't get posted on this site! LOL Guess I don't have much to worry about. My life is pretty boring. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: top secret