Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 700 ..Looks good on its hood!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700 ..Looks good on its hood!!

Got my KFX 700 Friday. All I Can say is C-YA!!!.. This thing hauls!!!. We still have a litttle snow around here but it hauled across the lake no problem. I was cruising down one of the trails.. relativley slow and wham!! the whole trail dropped out into a 1.5 foot deep swamp. Acouple of sledders came by and helped me yank it out. They grabbed the rear bar and I had the bike in reverse and pushed from the front. They freaked out when I started to pump the gas with my left hand as I was standing, pushing from the front. LOVE the CVT!!!

After my 2nd day of riding last nite, I was bombing across the bay to the local town car wash to clean off the days fun. I was booting it on an old snowmobile track through a reed bed close to shore when the front right tire slipped off the trail onto some loose fresh snow.
The bike whipped to the right as the tire became "stuck" while I was doing about 30 mph. The bike STOPPED, I when flying over the bars , the momentum carried the bike over , upside down ontop of me!. I reach over, shut it off, was able to right the bike very quickly. The first thing I did was look to shore to see if any of my buds were looking. I was lucky, They all we inside the cabin starting happy hr. As I landed in 2 feet of snow, the only thing that was hurt was my pride. But, the KFX 700 looked good even upside down!!!!!!

Heading back out to the cabin this eve to burn up tank #3

By the way, when does the valve clearence get checked for the first time. The manual says after 1 year but the dealer says after 10 hrs. What gives??

Randy

Old 04-07-2003, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700 ..Looks good on its hood!!

my dealer told me one year he said its the same as the 650 and even on some of them after checking they didn,t need ajustment.