Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2 questions for you V-Force owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 questions for you V-Force owners

1.) has anyone tried the optional dual exhaust and if so what type of performance gains did you get?

2.) it sounds like the 700 is clutched pretty well, would there really be an advantage to changing the spring weights / clutching?

Old 04-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waiting for the Yoshi pipe. I will know then. As far as the weights and spring, If you pipe the bike and increase airflow, you will make more power. (duh). With the power increase, you will need to transfer this to the primary clutch. This is done with the heavier weights. In effect they will now hit harder. As for the spring, (primary) I want to see what compression rates are available. I would think you need a stiffer final rate as the bike is quick of the line already and needs more torque in the top end ie the final inch of compression.

Old 04-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

The only dual exhaust that is available to the public right now as far as I know is the HMF. Its supposed to add 7 RWHP.

The clutching on the 700 can definitely be improved. A lot of people like the instant engagement, but if you've ridden an auto with a tuned clutch setup you know that there is room for improvement over the stock setup, especially after an aftermarket exhaust has been added.

Old 04-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

I installed an HMF dual exhaust sytem today ..... along with larger jets and two holes
in the air box lid. I would say it added at least 7 hp. The sucker already was hard
to hold down ...... now it lifts the front end at even faster gound speeds than it did.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

tomorrow or Friday I will be able to drag race against my friends modded RAppy. We
have raced so many times...... we have a "bench mark" .... the next set of races will
tell us how much change this made.

haven't considered any clutch changes yet ......

have considered putting the stock 25" tires and wheels from my P650 on for a test
run. Wondering if the taller tire will kill some of the starting wheelie.... and add to the
top end speed ?