Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just bought v-force

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought v-force

Hey guys, got my green v-force today! I really stirred up my community, lots of new raptors around here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Really tired of everyone asking "why didn't you get a honda?" People around here have never gotten over the success the 300 four-trax had for so long. To be completely honest, I did go to the honda shop first this morning, sat on everything in the store.....rode the rancher. I can't knock the machines for really rough, muddy trails and utility work, but that stuff just seems so dated. 99% of my riding will be rural dirt roads around my community+ a little playground jumping. My days of life-risking, bike damaging, rough trail riding is over. I got all that out of my system with my foreman.....sold out 4-5 years ago. Back in now with the v-force[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2003, 12:09 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Congrats, Enjoy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Is 10 hours of half throttle riding really necessary for break-in?

Old 04-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Forgot to mention, I literally forgot to eat yesterday until I put the beast away!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Forgot to eat ??? You got it bad Bigcreek !!!!! grin

I personally don't think there is a reason for the 1/2 throttle for 10 hours thing ...... I sure have not done that on any of my last three quads.
There was a time when I earned my living rebuilding engines and transmissions...... if there was any advise I would give you .... it is ..... just don't over heat it. If you drag race for 600 feet ..... then take it easy back to the
start line instead of racing both directions. Don't hold it at sustained high speeds for the first tank of fuel.

You are going to open up a hornets nest with all those Rappys around you when they find out how fast that KFX is !

Old 04-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

lol on the eating part vforcer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Went straight from breakfast to get quad.....rode all day.....choked down some left over grilled burgers.......went to bed.......woke up.......back on quad......LOVING IT! kind of a gas hog[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome abourd, hope you love your V-Force!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Hummmmm.... "gas hog" at 1/2 throttle !!! I think we know how you are breaking it in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Seriously, put my seven year-old on and just lugged around a couple back roads.......shocked at how fast it drank a couple gallons. Not complaining at all though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] this machine is worth every penny.

Old 04-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Congratulations bigCreek!
The fuel consumption got a lot better on the 3-4th tanks.

Quick Reply: Just bought v-force