Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

rear shock busted on p650? (need help ASAP)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 02:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear shock busted on p650? (need help ASAP)

i have no idea what the he!! happened to it but i know that its busted. i dont jump it, carry heavy loads or have a passenger.does anyone know where i could get a new one and how much they are? i checked e-bay and came up empty handed. i should just call kawasaki and raise holy he!! with them about it but i know it wouldnt do a bit of good because its an 02 and ive had it for almost a year. i dont have the extended warranty either. could it just be low on nitrogen or whatever they have in them? i took it to the shop about 3 months ago because there was oil or something leaking from it and they got it to stop somehow but it leaked quite a bit out in the back of my truck before i realized it. could it just be low on something? i dont know anything about shocks. all i know is when you go over a bump and the shock comes back up, it sounds like you bottom the shock out.

Old 04-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Did the shop do the shock oil leak under warrenty? If yes then I'd take it back because the shock problem is a pre existing problem. If they don't want to help then I would get ahold of Kaw themselves,, they stand behind their stuff pretty well.

Old 04-14-2003, 02:37 AM
Range Rover

prairiewrench

when i took it to the shop for that, the factory warranty hadnt been up for that long,so they went ahead and did that for me for free, but now the warranty has been up for quite some time. thats what i'm worried about. and if i contact kawasaki about the rear shock, if theyre like anybody else, they will think i abused it or something and thats what happened to it. honestly i know that i didnt, but i dont have any proof.

Old 04-14-2003, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

I'm sure your dealer sent in a warranty claim to get their money for what they had to do for you so that makes it an existing problem that happened during warranty. They should be able to do something for you. You really don't want to have to buy a shock, you may have to take out a loan to get it from the bank,,,, they are very spendy! I would try the dealer first and see what they say, then they may have to call Kaw but I found out when I worked for a Yamaha dealer that an upset customer who is not satisfied with their product had better luck getting things taken care of by calling the factory rep than what we did as a dealer. I would actually call Yamaha myself and hand the phone to the customer sometimes. We jump our 650 very severely and very often, even across a 40 ft table top and the shock is still working perfect! You must have gotten a bad one.

Old 04-14-2003, 03:01 AM
Range Rover

prairiewrench

thanks for the reply and advice. i think i will call the dealer today and at least ask about it. it couldnt hurt. the worst they could tell me is im screwed. i'll get back w/ you about it.

Old 04-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Those rear shocks can be rebuilt.