Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Camo question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camo question

Looking at getting the P650 sooner or later. Looking at the camo, is the camo a sticker package? or Is it built into the plastic or Is it painted on? Is the camo durable? I dont want to buy it only to make it look like crap when it does get scratched.

Old 04-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Camo question

It is accualy molded in to the plastic. Looks good and durable too. I love red but the camo sure protects against scratches a lot more as the plastic is a lot courser textured finish.

Old 04-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Camo question

bbertram

Like trailburner said, the camo is molded into the plastic. It looks great, and hides scatches very well. I've put over 1000 km's on mine, and it seems to be holding up very well. It looks like it came off the showroom floor even thought I have a few scratches. I'm sure you would be very happy with the camo.

Old 04-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Camo question

the camo is not molded in the plastic. It is a type of shrink wrap that is laid on the green fenders and actually baked on or heated up. I bought my praire with the green fenders and they looked so bad that i bought a set of the camo fenders just recently. I havnt even put them on yet. but they are the geen fenders with camo heated on. I looked where the the cut out is for the range selector and kawasaki actually placed masking tape behind the cut out from the back side and the camo was laid over top and heated you can see the the burn marks on the masking tape. i peeled off the tape and you could see the film or material on the tape. Now how durable it is i dont know it is a rougher texter and even if it does peel or scratch you really wont be able to see it. besides it looks cool right? isnt that all that matters? LOL

Old 04-16-2003, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Camo question

grizzkiller is right. the camo is basically a covering over green plastic. i know because i was riding through some rough areas with alot of tree branches around and one of them scratched the covering off and low and behold, green plastic. the camo does seem like a rougher, stronger texture. even with the scratch, you can barely see it unless i pointed it out to you. especially when covered in mud. lol. i would definitely go camo. it looks awesome.

Old 04-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Camo question

I HAVE THE CAMO AND IT IS AWESOME AND LOOKS NEW WHEN CLEAN.ITS ACTUALLY SPRAYED ON IF YOU LOOK AROUND YOU CAN SEE OVERSPRAY.BUT IT DOES HOLD UP ALLOT BETTER.

Old 04-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Camo question

i dont know about being sprayed on. looks like a decal to me. comes off like a decal too once it starts to peel. just my opinion.

Old 04-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Camo question

I actually had mine replaced( under warranty).I took a big chunk out of it,and I picked at it but it wouldnt come off,I talked the dealer into replacing it and they told me it was sprayed on, and then baked on and the heat help it adhere to the plastic.but under my air box you can see allot of overspray and even runs in some spots.