Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force Durability

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 05:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force Durability

Hi all,

I am currently in the research stages in buying a new quad and am seriously looking at the V Force. Some friends of mine at work have been studying them real close and are a little concerned about that single spar front end. Have any of you had any problems with the frame tweaking and under what circumstances did the frame take the tweak? I am coming to the world of quads after finally restoring an 85 ATC 250R and having it scare the crap out of me (is it normal for a wheelie to occur at half throttle in 5th gear?). Needless to say that after riding a friends 400EX and a Raptor, I feel a LOT safer on a quad over that 250R. I am currently debating between the V and the Predator. I plan on doing mostly trail riding with some dunes thrown in from time to time. I'm not really a big air freak but I do want the suspension to be able to cope to my size (6'2", 280lbs). Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 04-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

The type of riding you described is what the KFX does best [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I am a big guy also ...... This bike fits big guys. When I would ride my friends Rappy, I always felt like was putting a size 9 foot into a size 7 shoe. Just seemed too small for me.

Try them both ........... but for me... I would not buy a trail riding quad does not have reverse gear.

As for Durability ..... might be a bit too early to know. I have not seen a post to this date, listing with any problems on the KFX yet. Surely there will be something?????? I have read some posts with some
predator problems showing up .... check em out.

Old 04-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Range Rover

I am only 5 11 @ 160# and the raptor feels small, like I'm sittin' on top of a little teepee

Old 04-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Your riding style and size fits the KFX more than the predator. The KFX is made for the big guys, I am 5,8 and wieght 211 pounds and it fits me like a glove. There is lots of power and very very good suspension. I have jumped the V and it is very forgiving for mistakes in the air.
Also it is very good on the trail, I mainly ride in the trail and tight cross country woods. As for durability so far it has been great but as V-Forcer stated something will come up. One thing happened though, we had just rode haom and i noticed i was leaking antifreeze! No problem, just the bolt was loosened wich connected to the engined, but all i had to was tighten it and problem fixed.

In my opinion i would get the V-Force, the Predator is pointed more towards the MX sports.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:10 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

The KFX700 is Hands Down the Best Stock 2WD Trail Quad on the market today, and it is no slouch in the sand. You can ride the 700 all day and not get beat to death. Every time you take it out it will impress you more.

The Frame is a Race inspired design, that has more than prooven itself.

The Predator is by far a better MX Quad, but for Trail riding, there is the issue of no Reverse. To some that is important.

For a guy your size, I think that the KFX700 would fit you better.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

V-Force is not rated for 280lb rider . I beleive mine says 250lb or 275lb max. It will be ok, just a little slow.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:17 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

I saw a 300+ lb Women on a Yamaha Breeze at Sand Lake, I think you should be OK at 280 on a KFX700. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

I know your ok. Just wont be as quick as mine with 100lb rider.

Old 04-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

I ride with a few friends...one guy has to be about 270#(+). I weigh about 175#. There is a noticeable difference in the bike's performance when my buddy hops on....but it still kicks @$$

We race a lot and ride each other bikes (2-Raptors...1-Predator...1-KFX....) I think w/ any bike your gonna notice a slight drop in performance...but for the larger framed sport rider...the KFX would seem to make more sense

As far as the single tube front end....yeah it's a single tube...but its square in shape rather than a circular tube....and its much larger than say the Rappy's front tubes. I have to think it would take a pretty good beating even w/ a bigger rider.

also, SCOTTROD, if your gonna trail ride...you'll want the Reverse the KFX has. I've ridden all the Quads you mentioned...and I LLLLLLLLove my new V-Force

Old 04-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

I have a new v force, and at 6'-4" ~~ 280 lbs, the thing is awesome. We have a mid size mx track we ride quite a bit, and so far have had no problems even with the stock suspension settings. Yes, you can bottom the machine if you land wrong, but most of the time it is perfect .....even on medium sized air.

Quick Reply: V-Force Durability