Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force Durability

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force Durability

Hey xtremist, where you from? I just got my v-force, getting ready to do first service.......love this machine!!! They sure give you a long list for first service[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Some of it seems a little over-kill.....like re-oiling air filter. I have barely had this thing off pavement. It's funny hearing these raptor guys around here say "I would like to have a quad like that if it was only manual" ironically, that's one big reason that I did buy it! This bike is great for me. I'm 6' 3" 200lbs. This is the most balanced sport atv that I've ever ridden. Everything else feels like it was designed for a 5'2" 120lb. japanese kid[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Trailblazer

BigCreek

I'm from Nicholasville (originally from Perry / Knott Co.). We go to Livingston quite a bit....as I'm sure you probably do too. I haven't got the chance yet to get The Force out on the trails....we've just been riding a local farm (not enough room / variety for this machine)

I can't believe how much I enjoy riding this bike. Your right on about the Rappy riders...or even Predator riders. Most of my buds kinda shrug at the auto....but I'm an ex-Scrambler rider...so the auto ride is what I wanted

At the farm we ride there is just enough room for a couple of small jumps and some long drag areas....I'm able to give the stock Rappy and Predator a run they just have to respect. I can at least keep a bike length or two between us in a 100 yrd dash.

I hope to get mine in for a service soon (and pick up my orange helmet)....just can't seem to keep off the throtle for this "break-in"...to much power to hold back like that!

Old 04-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Your not going to hurt this frame unless you hit something. Cant say I ever seen a 250 do a wheelie in 5th gear, yours must be special.

Old 04-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx a ton for all the input on this, it has been a great help.

Force.... when I look at the 250R, all I see is Dr. Kevorkian's suicide machine reincarnated. LOL. I wish I had a camara when that front end came up in 5th. It happened when a friend of mine was helping me tune the carb. He was on it when it did it and needless to say we BOTH weren't expecting it. he ended up sliding off of the seat and landed butt first onto his dirt road, legs streached out in front of him and he slid like he was on a water slide. The bike cam back down and rolled into a fence and just bounced off, didn't do a bit of damage to it. He got up and noticed that he had ground a hole in his pants about 4 inches around and we were both laughing so hard. I guess it was something that you would have had to see to appreciate.

As far as which quad I am getting...... another wrench has been thrown into the mix. I just stumbled onto a 2002 DS 650 Baja at a local dealer for $5500 OTD. Only problem with that is that the opening to the bed of my truck is 48 inches. According to the Bombardier web site, the DS is 48.5 inches wide. i have an F-150 Super Crew with the stubby box. I don't care if the rear tires are on the tailgate but I have to be wary of how wide the quad is. The Predator is at 47.5 which is cutting things a bit close.

Has anyone had any experience with those ATV racks that slide into a Class 3 reciever hitch? Was just curious cause my house doesn't have a lot of room on the side to fit a trailer any wider than 6 feet.

Thanks again for all the replies, it is helping out a ton.

Old 04-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Mr.ScottRod, I have a chevy pickup 1500, with bedliner. In order to get my DS in ,I must Slick50 the wheel welds. Be careful to use slick50 on only half of the wheel welds,I smashed into the front of the bed and bent the hell out of it. Don't use stuff wd-40 , it doesnot work. Hope this helps? I also still have my 82 250R ATC-scary fast

Old 04-18-2003, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well.... after a day of hard number crunching, pulling my parts bike out of my folks garage, and having the most horrendous experience at a Polaris dealer.... I am going to have to get the V-force. After I saw the video of it on the test off of the home page here I can see that it will EASILY take whatever I can throw at it. I also took a long hard look at the frame at a dealer nearby and can see that it is pretty stout up front. I was hoping to see the guy post here who had the frame tweak problem that I saw in another thread to find out exactly how he got it to bend.

Anyway. the Polaris dealer asked if I had anything for a trade in on the Predator and I happen to have the R in the bed of the truck. We pull it down and thankfully it started for them on the first kick. I go in with the salesmen while they test it out and work on the paper work. The price they gave me for the predator was $7,000!!! And my 250R was only worth $900 to them. They said that all my R was good for is parts. I told them that I spent all winter working on this bike to get it to run as good as it does (which from what my friends tell me, this things runs like a raped ape) to have them screw me over for $900? I got up loaded my R back in the truck and left..... after I gave them a few good words that I can't say here. I can see marking up for setup but I don't think it costs $1000 in taxes and setup fees.

Needless to say that left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I called around and found a 700 about 20 miles from my place for $6599 OTD with all taxes and fees included. Looks like I will be putting dinner on that salespersons table. Again, thanks for all the advice....... And Kaiser... I'll send you 3 bottles of unused Klotz synthetic 2-stroke oil for that DS... that should slick those rims up for ya. J/K

Anyone want to buy a 250R?

Old 04-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

You won't be sorry ScottRod ....

Next week you will be adding your voice to those of us proclaiming how awesome this quad is !!!!!!

The price is right too..... I paid $6740 otd.

Let us know what you think .........

Old 04-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Scott Rod- Get the word out that polaris dealer is a crook. When I bought my V-FORCE and my 11 year old son bayou one dealer wanted $1000 more then where I ended up buying them. As you can tell Ive told as many people as I know dont go to this dealer. Paid 6200 out the door- 2800 for bayou.

Old 04-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations on the new V-Force it ewill be the best thing you have ever done. Tell everyone you know that the Polaris dealer is a jackhole. I went through the same thing, my clean new 2002 warrior with DG nerfs and bumper was said to be worth $2000 to the first Kawi dealer me and my granpa took it to. Just be glad you have the best quad on the market today.

Old 04-19-2003, 08:38 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

That's CRAZY, my dealership was going to give me $3000 for my 01 Lakota Sport, in trade for my KFX700.

Instead, I sold it to my Brother-In-Law, for my Nephew. It's Family, so I sold it to them for $2500 with the Aluminum Rims and Sand Paddles. Not the best way to get your money back on a Quad, but I am now the Coolest Uncle walkin the planet. It was worth the loss.