Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force doesn't do good in sand

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force doesn't do good in sand

RPM

I was thinking that Lurch said the wrong mag. I believe I have the latest issue of ATV Sport (May issue), and I can not find anything on the 700 having too much power for paddles. They didn't even test the 700 in sand. So unless the June issue is out, and they did another test on the 700(which would make two months in a row) in the dunes, Lurch might have said the wrong mag.

As far as your buddies kid, he made a great choice. I have both the V-Force and Predator, and both are very awesome atv's. Even I, have to make a dicision on which to keep. But right now, it's the 700 in the lead. With the auto and reverse, and my bum foot, this will most likely be MY best choice.

Old 04-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Its ATV Sport, June issue. They simply said "the abundance of ponies seemed to overpower the crop of paddle tires Kawasaki brought along." To me that only means Kawi didn't have an agressive enough paddle with them for the testing.

Old 04-26-2003, 02:12 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

They probably had V style paddles with them. I can tell you first hand, the 700 makes short order of them.

Old 04-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

The ATV sport article said "Kawasaki didnt bring along any paddles that would hold up to the 700" If you look at the photos, all the bikes have 20" paddles, either vblades or geckos.. I know alot of guys with hopped up banshees that cant get speed out of smaller paddles, and wind up using 22 or 23 inch scat trak haulers with straight blades or pro wedges. I just sold my 20 inch sand sharks because the 700 is too much for them. In my opinion, the writer of that article was simply saying the bike needed more agressive paddles to help keep it up on the sand rather than digging. I am going to try some 22" 4 Snows on mine and see how it does. I like that tire rather than pure paddles, because I have ride on a gravel, dirt and mud road to get to the beach here and would hate to destroy a set of 22" 10 paddle haulers at 80 bucks a piece.

just my .02

Shane
Maybe a new garage?

Old 04-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

The 700 comes stock with 22" tires, and it has plenty of torque to turn them. So why would they put 20" tires on. This would seem to gear it to low, thus more spinning. Then you would loose more on the top end. Doesn't make sense.

Old 04-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Range Rover

My point, exactly. I think it could spin 23"s or better, and I also think the more, taller paddles the better.

Old 04-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Is anyone runnin a bottle on their V yet?????

Old 04-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ran a set of 23" 10 paddle extreme edges on 8x12 Douglas at Little Sahara, OK this weekend which can be rough on paddles. Paved road from camp to dunes, heavy wet dunes for the most part, some brushy areas,,,,and plenty of throttle. I thought the paddles worked great, the edges carved well, tracked straight, hooked well enough and were comfortably predictable at both low and high speeds. Power sliding was an absolute blast with enough bite to carry the front end at will. Too much fun!!! The 700 was not overwhelmed by these paddles, I felt that taller paddles (maybe just the Hauler) would have helped in translating all the wheel spin into forward motion. The bite would help offset the extra weight, you do at least notice it,,,doesn't bother me really,,,but its there. Then of course, a pipe, rev box, jetting, clutch work,,,something about a bottle? Maybe some 14 paddle 24s???

Old 04-30-2003, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry for the confusion. Like said above, it is the June issue of the ATV Sport. I may have interpreted the article wrong, as I do not ride sand, and am not familiar with sand tires. The article stated:

The abundance of ponies seemed to overpower the crop of paddle tires Kawasaki brought along. The V Force is begging for a larger, more aggressive sand tire to utilize its excess power.

I assumed they wanted a bigger tire then what is available now. My bad.

As for ATV Sport being bias, they are not even close to as bias as DW and 4 Wheel Action. ATV Sport and ATV Magazine are the two paper magazines that I would rather read.

Old 05-01-2003, 02:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Rocktonka,

How does the V-force carry those big wheels?? I have the 12,23" haulers on my DS and love them, and thought about getting some for my wifes V-force. Does the quad feel tippy with that tall set-up?? and where,and how much was the 23" extreme edges???

thanks,

BIggerisbetter.

Quick Reply: V-Force doesn't do good in sand