Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

sp600 pulls p650

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sp600 pulls p650

My cousin just recently bought a sportsman 600...nice machine.....yesterday we was all for a bike run and when we got back my cousin and another one of my friends decided to hook bumper to bumper to see who would pull one another...my friend has a p650 with 589's on it....so we hooked em togeather the sp 6oo pulled him no problem and while my cousin weighs about a 100lb more then my friend we figured that was why....so my cousin gets off the bike and just walks beside it and he still pulls the kawasaki.........i geuss the polaris is the ultimate pulling machine.

Old 04-25-2003, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default sp600 pulls p650

It has to do with how high the hitch point is. The Polaris is much higher than the P650 mounted on the axle unit.
That means the load is being pulled down onto the Polaris tires .... while the load is lifting the p650 tires

In the "pulling world" .... you would have the hitch point at the same height .... then the advantage would go to
the heavest puller.

There is no doubt that the Polaris is a nice tractor .......... but it will see nothing but the a$$ of that P650 on the trails.

Old 04-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default sp600 pulls p650

The 650 also has the lamest tires known to modern science. Nostra Damus even has a prediction about the shortcomings of the 650 tires. Not a very good test, this pull test.

Pulling is lame. It doesn't prove anything worthwhile.

Old 04-25-2003, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

Yah i agree with ya i think each atv has its purpose i've driven the prairie and its power is awesome i think its an excellent trail bike while the polaris is more of a workhorse and good for rough terrain .....myself i own a 660 grizzly and it ain't much for pulling its got half decent power but as far as mud i've been places where the prairie couldn't get and i've towed afew prairies out of the mud i'm not saying anything bad about the quad but it seems that its straight rear end gets hung up alot.....then agin where we ride at its awful rough.

Old 04-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

I have owned a sportsman 500 ho prior to buying my prairie 650. I'll tell you the story, I bought the sportsman in late 2001, rode it a while had about 800 miles on it and it felt like it was going to fall apart. I mean everything on the bike either shook or rattled. It was an absolute nightmare. When I bought the bike, I was like yeah "American Made" turns out that the Polaris motor is made by Fuji Motors, POLARIS IS ABSOLUTE JUNK, anyway when I sold that quad, I went shopping around, I rode the Grizzly, sure it has independent suspension, and a somewhat peppy motor, but it is way to top heavy, and top heavy is not good when coupled with independent suspension, as far as independent suspension goes, it does not impress me that much, in fact when your looking at the bike you think man look at the clearance on that, but you do not realize how far down the machine squats when you sit on it. Sure it has a small advantage over a solid axle in some aspects. Then I rode the prairie, Man the responsiveness of the engine, the snap, I told the dealer that it did not handle like a utility quad, I was impressed, As I was looking the machine over, I liked the looks, but I also think the grizzly looks mean, the speedo was a little better than the griz's because it was larger, tires on both machines are atrocious, but especially the prairie's, the griz had independent suspension and the prairie did not, actually the prairie is the only machine in the elite class without it, what it all boiled down to is that I already had an independent rear in the sportsman and wasnt that impressed, I was purely shopping for an engine. The griz had pep, but the prairie is a monster, and were talking a severly restricted monster, right now the engine is hands down the best in its class, in fact it is in a class of its own. After buying the praire, I have absolutley no complaints, and with the solid axle plus the ungodly motor it can go faster on the trails than its independent rivals, in fact i noticed on my sportsman that when you would try an powerslide the a$$ end, the side you were going to would squat severly. In the mud, ive seen all three get stuck and ive witness a prairie make it through a mud hole that a griz could not make it through, That all really depends on the rider and body english, What it all boils down to is personal preference, even though the prairie has won the utility shootout hands down for several years in a row that doesnt mean its the best,

Old 04-26-2003, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

I'm glad your prairie works for you cause theres alot of motor jobs being done to em up here....and as far as the power goes the grizz has alot more power then the prairie when its in the shop with the motor out of it.....and as far as mud your wrong cause its common sense you can only go in the mud until ya get hung up on the bottom and what bikes gonna go further the p650 with 9 inchs clearence or a grizz or a polaris with 12...think about it....

Old 04-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

That 12 inches of clearance shure seems to dissapear when someone sits on the Grizz ....but mebbe you got the susp. jacked u[p and then you no longer have IRS you just got a bike with no suspension

Old 04-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

still have my 12 inches of clearence compared to your 9 tho don't i...

Old 04-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default sp600 pulls p650

Old 04-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default sp600 pulls p650

Load of crap or what??????????

Quick Reply: sp600 pulls p650