Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

"Finally"

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003 | 01:08 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default "Finally"

Hey group,
Well, you can add another V-Force owner to the list. To give you the short story...I am 38, starting riding racing quads in 1985. Quit riding in early nineties...no more good quads being built. now some 12 years later they starting building real sport quads again and I'm back ridding again. Now the rest of the story...I'm a Cannodale victim, "yep" bought a brand new 03 Cannibal ( USA Flag), ran a motto cross and won, ran 2-GNCC Cross County races and a handful of local hare scrambles. My Dale only finished one race, the MX without problems. I walked more miles back to the pits then I rode on the C-Dale...uuurrr, the bike was at the dealers more than it was at home...not good either. Needless to say a few weeks prior to the six month warranty expiring , C-Dale ( Motorsports) shuts the doors and my dealer would no longer service the bike. I had invested around $9,000.00 into this quad and then I sold it 5.5 months later for only $3,500.00.....I still have a sour feeling in my stomach from that one. I do want to state that I still feel the C-Dale is still the quickest, best handing best out of the box stock racer that you could buy..."when it runs" in which in my case was very little of the time that I owned it.

Now onto the upside...brought home a new V-force (green) this past Saturday ( yesterday the 26th). I want to say ...man am I impressed...I am a die hard shifter guy, but this CVT tranny is amazing. The quad is awesome, not quite as explosive as the C-Dale, but every bit as powerful and I would say they are real close in top speed and quickness. I won't go into much about the quad cause most of you guys have portrayed it quite accurately in your earlier evaluations. I spent most of today feeling it out, I feel I am smoother, faster and more consistent with the V-Force on my practice cross country type track. The Dale was just not cut out for woods racing (my opinion) and especially way to unreliable. I will be taking it this coming weekend to our local MX track for the first practice of the season. Looking forward to seeing how it does on this type of track. I will mainly be trail riding / camping, racing Cross Country and the occasional MX (getting to old for that crazy MX stuff) I am very impressed with the total package that the V-Force has to offer. I am 5-9" and weigh about 145-150 lbs ...so this thing doesn't even know I'm on it.

I think (I know) Kawasaki will sell allot of these. I will say though, if MX is your only deal....then the V-Force is probably not for you, but if power, speed, everyday riding, trail riding, GNCC Cross country racing and the occasional MX race is your thing,....then you must consider this quad. Another words make sure you check this beast out before you hand over your hard earned $$$ on another brand or model.

We should all feel so lucky to have so many choices in the ATV Sport quad market. There are several great quads out there and I think I have " Finally" found it....will see

Man... now I have to change my avatar and get some new pix on my site...oh well, at least I am having fun again.
.....later