Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Force problem- Kawasaki is listening...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Force problem- Kawasaki is listening...

Guys, I have posted a couple of comments over the past 2 weeks about problems with my V Force, including the one below. Got home from work yesterday and had 2 messages from Kawasaki Customer Service wanting to help diagnose and fix the problem. Talked to them today and they will be calling the dealer to suggest a valve adjustment and carb tuning, mostly with idle jets and float level adjustment. My comments were read here on the ATV Connection Forum and they tracked me down to make good on their product. As a sales and marketing rep for a major consumer products manufacturer, I must say that I am impressed with their Customer Service and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Good job Kawasaki!!!

"The motor acts like it is flooding and stalls after getting out of the throttle. It only does this after a section of rough terrain, like whoops. The dealer spent a whole day letting all of the service techs ride the **** out of it. Their opinion was fuel slosh, and the only time they could get it to die was riding wide open throttle and locking up the brakes front and rear together. They said the tranny could not backshift fast enough to compensate for the immediate stop. That makes sense, but that is not what is causing my machine to stall. I'm thinking it has something to do with the float level in the carbs.

I called Kawasaki Customer Service yesterday and they looked me up in the computer. Apparently, the dealer did not contact Kawasaki with my issues when they had it in the shop, so I was not in the system. They said to contact the dealer again and have them log my complaint before they could do anything for me. Honestly, I don't want to go back to the dealer, simply because I don't want them joy-riding my new machine. I bought new because I wanted to know it had not been abused, especially during break-in. I've already seen the service guys getting crazy on it during the break-in period, claiming they need to try to reproduce my problems.

Next time I go riding, I'll see if it is still doing the same. If so, I may go back to the dealer and ask them to get Kawasaki Technical Support to help diagnose the problem."

Old 05-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Wow that is a first. I read where buddy out of washington had an issue with carbs and they replaced the whole set.

Great to hear.

POLARIS are you dupes listening????????????

Old 05-01-2003, 02:45 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

I had pretty much the same Great Customer Service from Kawasaki, only it was all taken care of by my Dealerships Service Department. Within a day of telling the local Service Manager about my troubles with my 700 stuttering at half throttle. He notified Kawi, and they were right on top of it, with numerous calls from Kawi reps and engineers. The end result was 2 new carbs and a very happy KFX700 owner.

Hats off to Kawasaki for taking care of their Customers.

Old 05-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Range Rover

I LIKE IT! I like it alot. Hopefully I will never have problems, but it's is nice to know that if I do, it will be addressed.

Old 05-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Pair,

You'll find the people at Kawasaki are great folks and it doesn't surprise me that they made the extra effort to help you out. That's just they way they are.

All of the OEMS read these forums daily. We're they're main source for market research when it comes to building new ATVs and finding out what people are saying about their existing machines.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Old 05-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

WoW ! I am impressssssed.

Old 05-01-2003, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

If kawi is listening why aren't they knocking on my door I REALLY NEED HELP KAWI, LOL. I tried and tested the 400 but kawi is not standing behind mine 650 as good. If Kawi is here I'm at 902 423-8840 work or 902 453-1614 home 902-471-0502 in the bush (cell) and I've love to chat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Can someone give me a good number to kawi that wouldn't mind talking to me either in Canada or the US. I also can be reached by fax at 902 432-6846 or by email at jason.calnen@ns.sympatico.ca and at this point I'll even translate morse code or read a smoke flare.

Old 05-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

Yah,,,I could never find any info on how to reach a KAWI rep.Their websites don't provide e-mail addresses, phone numbers or even mailing addresses.
In fact, that's the first time I've seen anyone say they recieved"customer satisfaction"from Kawasaki.

Maybe they only back the V-force buyers?

Old 05-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bombardier, Yamaha, and Honda better get on the ball and take some hints from the forum riders. Bombardier forum says that the weight of the ds and the fans are a problem. Yamaha forum riders are upset about there Raptor transmissions and starters. Honda guys are complaining about needing a new bike such as a big bore and a new 400ex. Maybe those companies will listen. Great job Kawasaki!!

Old 05-02-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

it is well known from friends what i think of yamaha's customer service, or lack there of...
it is nice to hear of a company that actually cares after the purchace!!! i will never own another yamaha, even though i feel the grizzly is the best 4x4 out there.
after reading this, i just might make a prarie my next ride!!!
great job kawasaki

Quick Reply: V Force problem- Kawasaki is listening...