Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Piped raptor......first victim

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piped raptor......first victim

Hey, everybody, I have a new VForce I have just changed the tires. The new tires are alot better than the old tires, and I am still slower than anybody around here. Even my 10 year old on his TRX90. I had a 400ex, and it was just fast enough to crush the face shield of a helmet, and rip half my face off, and nearly kill me in the woods about 55 minutes away from the nearest ER. I was even lucky enough to see a guy drag racing his new Raptor, let the front end get up on him (I know thats real unusual on a Raptor) and then one of the rear wheels lost some traction.. well guess what.. 3 broken bones and a cartwheeled 02 raptor.. I guess Im getting old, and you will still catch me racing in the odd weak moment. But DAMN it sure is nice to load up at the end of the weekend with no bruises or trail rash. Hey, all you Raptor owners, just name the time and place and Ill be glad to let you win. Even buy you a cold one at the end of the day by the campfire so you can make fun of me. After all, the fact that you are ok enough to have one with me is worth drinking to in the first place, huh?

Life is too short.

Badittude on the slowest bike on this forum. 04 VForce in the slow color (Green)

hehehe.

P.S. I called my local Kawi dealership about replacement parts for our bikes. The parts lady said everything EVERY THING will be like 3-6 months away because the bike is so new. I specifically asked about a replacement grab bar, and a set of rear rims.. she said they are not even accepting orders yet.. so yall might "not" want to smash that perky little radiator JUST yet.. you might be without a ride for a WHILE.

Shiny side up guys...

Old 05-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

badattitude ?- sound like a great one to me.
And I'll take that beer

Old 05-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

bigcreek, ill be the first to congratulate you on your victory over the raptor. You practiced your holeshot and took a shot at it and came out on top, and for that kudos.

Old 05-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Raced a different rider on a bone stock raptor. We raced a longer stretch about 1/8 mile. I was in front all the way, but he was gaining slowly and would have passed if we had a little more room.

Hole shot- advantage V-Force
300-400 ft.- advantage V-Force
Top end- advantage raptor

Old 05-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

P.S. I called my local Kawi dealership about replacement parts for our bikes. The parts lady said everything EVERY THING will be like 3-6 months away because the bike is so new. I specifically asked about a replacement grab bar, and a set of rear rims.. she said they are not even accepting orders yet.. so yall might "not" want to smash that perky little radiator JUST yet.. you might be without a ride for a WHILE.

BadAtitude,,,, Your parts lady is giving you bad info..... Had a stupid attack one day, let a "newbe" test my KFX .... He stode it on end ... bent the handle, broke the tail light, and cracked the rear fender. ( That was the end of March ) All parts arrived in about two weeks. The fenders took the longest, had to come from the west coast.

Old 05-11-2003, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scootdog
it seems like every raptor on here has mods....? and the Vforce has none. if it is such a bada$$ machine, why does it need all of the mods? and if raptor owners are so confident in their product why are they bashing every new quad that comes out? kinda like mike tyson, the raptor will be knocked the fu## out . if it has`nt been already...

just a thought...

dude.......are you telling me that if they didn't make some mods to make your heavy thing go faster.......you wouldn't do it?

there will always be a quest to go faster......nomatter what you have.........the rappys have been out longer than the v'z......thats why all of them are modded.......there are actually mods available.......