Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Might be riding my Tecate 4 for the first time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be riding my Tecate 4 for the first time!!!

Well if I can get the rest of it together I might be taking my Tecate 4 out for the first time since I have had it. I bought it back in December for 500 buks and it was completely torn down to a box of parts now it is basically together other than a few missing parts. Cant wait Im gonna get it all running good and then I got a friend back home that can make me a custom swingarm and some custom a-arms. Before its all said and done with Im gonna have one mean Tecate 4.

Old 05-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thats cool, post some pictures when it's up and running. I'd like to find me one some day to fix up as well.

Old 05-11-2003, 01:48 AM
Trailblazer

Well I finally got all my major parts for my Tecate 4 but Im missing the nuts to my ball joints which sucks because I went to several different stores and couldnt find any that would work. But I did give it a little test spin up the street (I know that was dumb) and it seems to be running ok needs to be rejetted it smokes alot and there is fuel coming out of my exhaust alittle but I havent fouled any plugs yet. I guess maybe tomorrow if I have time Im gonna try and fix whatever is left and take it out and see how she rips. I know one thing my steering shaft is twisted so that is gonna have to be fixed along with some other minor things. Oh well cant ask much for being 16 years old other than the engine and I only paid 500 buks for the thing minus the engine. Im gonna get all the bugs worked out then it will be time for some more upgrades like a-arms and axle maybe.

Old 05-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Ringgold..
I just wanted to say Great Job with fixing up your Tecate! I was the one on the V-force the other day. I had a feeling it was you when you told me that the bike was in a box, but I did'nt put 2+2 together. I had no idea that tecate's were that fast! For everyone else out there, I raced Ringgold several times across a long hardpacked field and even though I won most of the times, it was not by much. Now I have nutin but respect for Tecates![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer

Hey whats up man. On one of those races I lost the the nut and bolt that was holding my rear brake pedal to the I guess you call it master cylinder haha so I had no rear brakes for awhile. Yeah those 700's are pretty fast also. I should be out riding again here in a week or so. I might see you back out there. I work with alot of guys that ride so maybe I can get them out there also.