Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Getting more force out of my stock V-Force!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting more force out of my stock V-Force!!

I went out riding today and noticed something very different. I was having trouble finding traction whenever I stabbed the throttle. The power just overwhelmes the poor little holeshot tires it came with. This was not so much a problem during its break in period, but now it seems to have way more power than it had before. Has anybody else noticed this on their 700's? I took it on a paved road and from a dead stop, floored the gas and no matter how far I leaned over the bars, it lifted me up so high that I had to back off. I tried this a coupal times when the bike was new and it wouldn't lift me up all that much so it seems to get even stronger the more I ride it. I guess the next step is to get more agressive tires that are up to the task. I do mostly trail riding and hill climbing and was thinking about the Pure Sports Realtors. Does anybody have any experience with these tires? Thanks for any input.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Holehshots are specifically made for woods riding. In many other situations, the sidewalls are a bit stiff and will spin off some torque. This is a good thing, because that extra power would tear up your clutch on repeated take-offs. Your 700 has so much torque that you need to be careful with the thottle. Have fun!

Old 05-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

I ditched my holeshot before the first ride. I am runing Mud Sharks ride now. Here is PA we have a lot of coal hills, the Mud Sharks bite well, and work good on the trail too. Guys running the hole shots just spin when trying to climb hills. I ride with some guys that run Realators, they seem to work well, but are a heavier tire. Ditch the holeshots...

Old 05-13-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Hey NorthwoodsRider..
Are you telling me that if I were to install tires that had more of an aggressive tread , I would risk damaging the clutch on the V? Have you had this happen to you? I think the V-Force would be a great hill climber if it had more traction but I dont want to risk burning out the clutch.

Old 05-13-2003, 02:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I should back up a bit. For the type of riding I do, I would not want more traction than the Holeshots give me. I have trouble keeping the front end down as it is. If you were riding, in say, real muddy conditions, you may benifit from a more aggresive mud tread.

Old 05-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a new V Force and love the trackion I get out of the hole shots. I had one bad experinence with them though. Me and wife where being chased by some rotwilers and she didn't want to go back by them so I got the job of trying to find a way out of where we were. I tried to climb out a gully on a deer path and got 3/4 of the way up, hit some leaves and it was over. Do you think the Mud Sharks would have helped me.

Chuck Yocum

PS: See you in the Adena Poker Run Look for the big yellow bus and the noisest crowd

Old 05-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Trailblazer

Not too sure, but I would say they would help. In my opinion Holeshots are made for the track, not trail riding. I climb a lot of hills and trail ride. My buddy has a v-force too. He was running dirt devils and it went good. He took them off and but the holeshots on for this past Sunday. he could climb no hills, but rode the trail fine. We were riding in the snow this spring and the holeshots just spun where the mud sharks hooked up. The holeshots just spin and do not hook up. It is all what you like. I do not think my 700 comes up in the front just because I have mudsharks on... However, my v-force is going to stand up shortly, just dropped it off this morning to be bumped up to a 785cc -- NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT...

Old 05-19-2003, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where did you buy the 785 kit. It came with the dual exhaust right. I was thinking about getting it but Iwas waiting for more aftermarket options to come out. That is the worst drawback about buying the 700. Aftermarket stinks right now. I just bought the Tie Rods from JD Performance though and will be installing them on friday.

Old 05-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also. What noises do you hear as you ride besides the tranny wine.

Old 05-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

The 785 kit came from Mickey Dunlap. I also purchased HMF dual exhaust. The exhaust is separate. Mickey is working with White Brothers on an exhaust, but I did not want to wait. I did and will do nothing with the clutching. I also have the IMS 4.6 gallon gas tank which makes a huge bonus. I also have Elka shocks on order. You are correct there are not alot of aftermarket items out yet, but the 785 kit from Mickey is almost the same kit he uses in the Kawi Prarie.

Quick Reply: Getting more force out of my stock V-Force!!