Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Believe it or not.....I so;d the Lakota

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Believe it or not.....I so;d the Lakota

Well after two years of building and testing what I believe to be just about every part that you can buy for a Lakota. Then putting together what I thought was the best racing combo, I finally let her go.

During the last week end of April I ran her in another Arenacross. The compatition was awsome and the racing was the most phisical that I can remember in years. I put on a very good group of quallifier races but in the end just got nudged out of the main event by just a stupid mistake in my part.

On sunday some how some way All the guys talked me into running the money/pro event on sunday. Now I knew I was kidding no one here, just wnted to see if some of the awsome holeshots I've pulled off in the open class events could match up to any of the pro holeshots.

Well to my surprise, the ole girl matched up well again in the holeshot department against quite a few of them.

Over all in the past two years the ole Kota realy turned out to be a awsome riding partner. Logged 26 races of all kinds with her, posting a respectable 17 times placing in the top 5 with her. One thing I realy regret was never winning one on the Lakota. I tried so many times and came so close quite a few times, just never made it.

One thing I'de have to say what gave the ole lakota the rev she so dearly needed, believe it or not was something talked about here long ago. And look every one who was sappose to know all the answers to these questions all talked me out of doing it. It was the mojave carb on a lakota, now that was a awsome mod.

Any way my hart still pumps green, just on a new KX250 these days. I still have a love for the quads and still have a couple of them, but racing a quad here is just to big of a pain in the butt.

I still come here every morning to read all the stories and tinkering techniques, but just on the outside looking in.

Gaff

Old 05-12-2003, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear you let her go Gaff, buy like you, I am either going to have to get some more power out of mine or trade it for something bigger(KFX).

Good luck on the KX

Old 05-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine is interested in turning his Lakota sport into a woods bike. I was wondering where you got your 330 kit. Is it just a resleave? And what's the IDS2? He is having trouble finding performance parts for his. Do you know of anyone who make a high compression piston for it. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Wow thats hard to hear man!
But i knwo where you are coming from! Iam selling teh old mojave to get a 400ex! i just cant keep up on the old mojave ! It hurts to sell it tho!

Old 05-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Gaff- you brought a tear to my eye. Have fun on the 250 and be careful

Old 05-13-2003, 02:47 AM
Range Rover

Hey Gaff, Sorry to hear that you sold her. Have fun and be safe on your KX250. I'm sure many of us will still be asking you numerous questions regarding the lakota. Speaking of questions, I am wondering if you have any info. on where I can get a mojave carb and what would be a good deal?

And MBrooks420, tell your friend he can find the IDS2 and other parts at www.rockymountainatv.com.

Old 05-13-2003, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

mbrooks420,

Mickey Dunlap at four stroke tech makes the 330 kit as well as high compression pistons. Last I remember the high comp pistons were $165 and the 330 kit was $285.
www.rockymountainatv.com has pipes, jet kits, filters and so on for the Lakota's

As many mods as there is getting tires and up grading the clutches is a must to put the power to the ground.

mudyjeepgrl,
I bought the mojave carbs off of ebay and then spent countless hours jetting them. Needless to say I know how to jet them now, any help I'll be happy to share anything with ya. I have one carb left but told 98lakota I would send it to him. I also have another to get for a feller named eastcoast330.

As far as 14mins having a tear in his eye, it's probably because it was the 11th of the month and he just spent 10 days collecting rent money, lol.

But the new KX is the new project. I have my quadracer still (probably be selling it next month) and all the kids quads to work on, so I won't be far from the quads.

Old 05-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

sorry to hear about the bike. as long as you keep coming here it will be fine

Old 05-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey gaff
How can i get ahold of mickey to ask him about teh 330cc kit for teh mojave?? Do u think he coudl ship it to canada?

Old 05-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

I just built a 322cc lakota today with my new cam,port & flow and a DG pipe.I was impressed with how much fun this little atv was to ride after riding so many big bore atvs lately.For more info on my product please call , I don't want to advertize here.

Quick Reply: Believe it or not.....I so;d the Lakota