Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

GNCC Racers & Fuel Burn

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GNCC Racers & Fuel Burn

Hey you guys that raced this past weekends GNCC on the V-Force,

How many miles per lap??

Did you need to stop for fuel, and if you didn't refuel, how much do you think you burned?

Are you using stock size tank?

It looks like the race was about 2-2.5 hrs long that you ran, this would seem to be cutting it close on fuel burn for the V-Force without a stop.

Thanks for any impute.....tarrat

Old 05-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Tarrat 103,

I raced the GNCC at Rausch Creek on Saturday morning. The loop was 9 miles in length; mostly very tight woods trails. Although I hadn't run out of gas or triggered the low fuel light, I stopped to refuel after the first two laps (as many other VForce riders chose to do). Although I'm not positive, I would tend to doubt that any of the guys who ran the full 4 laps (36 miles) with a stock fuel tank didn't stop to refuel.

At the race, I was still running the stock 3.2 gallon tank, but am going to order the IMS 4.6 gallon tank this week (which should last the full race length of 4 laps).

-BigJJ

Old 05-14-2003, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

BigJJ how did you do in the race?Any complaints about the VFORCe? Anything you think would help in the next race? I just picked up my green V today, and already ordered PRM full skids and bumper, waiting for nerf bars from pro armor (supposedly a week or so). Can't wait to ride this big bad boy and possibly try a scrable or something.

Old 05-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Range Rover

DO NOT GO FURTHER THAN 2 LAPS! Make 2 laps then stop and pit and you will be fine for the rest of the race. Now if for some reason the race turns into a 5 lap race you need to stop again. Yes the V-Vorce sucks gas and of course hauls ***[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Pro Rider

I raced at Rausch Creek and did three full laps and my light still did not come on. Since the light comes on with a 1/4 of a tank left, I felt I could of made 4 laps. I did a lot of practice runs before I went down. I was able to do 40 miles, and used up 2.9 gal. Granted I could not get on it as much in the open area's due to bent tie rods, but I fell I could of made it.

Old 05-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Trailblazer

I do not race my V, but I do have the IMS 4.6 gallon tank installed. Went out on Saturday and rode it hard on trails and a lot of climbing coal hills. When my light came on we rode over to a gas station. I still had 1.6 gallons left after my light came on. I had about 40 miles on the quad before my idot light showed. I think the light is coming on sooner with the larger tank compared to the stock tank??

Old 05-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

Kawy,

This is BigJJ (different login that I use from work computer). I think the VForce did fine in the race. If it weren't for my (lack of) conditioning, I probably could have finished better than mid-pack in the morning race. Before the next race that I compete in, I'm probably going to (i) get the 4.6 gallon IMS tank, (ii) get some bark busters (I sprained two fingers in the race after hitting a tree without them), and (iii) get a thumb throttle extender (as 2+ hours of riding with a stock thumb throttle can be painful to say the least). A steering stabilizer would definitely be one of the best investments you could make also, as riding fast as hell through tight woods loaded with large deflecting rocks (especially after arm pump sets in) is definitely not the safest activity; once one comes out, I'm going to definitely get one. I found toward the end of the race that due to the arm pump I was deflecting off many more rocks (toward trees) than I would have preferred; a stabilizer would definitely help. Also, if you don't have an aftermarket front bumper, get one, as you'll be bumping a lot of quads in front of you in the bottlenecks.

One thing I did notice is that after wrestling the 500+ pound VForce through the tight trails, the amount of arm pump is quite severe. If you have the money, a pair of aftermarket Elka front shocks would be helpful.

Also, GreenTeam might have some good ideas, as I believe he won the overall in the morning race on a VForce (and flew past me like I was standing still). Hopefully that is helpful.

BigJJ/JJDog

Old 05-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks, guys
I sort of figure a stop at around 2-3 laps would be required. That's cool, usually I stop and change gloves and goggles anyway. "HMMM", maybe I could just pull up to the team green truck and get full service...just kidding

I think I am eventually going to install the larger tank, however I still think you might not have enough.....edmunds isn't it just a tad under a gallon of x-tra fuel with the big tank?

You guys might already know this, but you can view pix from your race at this link. You then can buy if you want to....doesn't cost though to look at em. There are some nice shots of V-Forces in the AM morning races pix...also a couple nice shots of Team Greens Adam H.

Race Pix

Hey JJdog I just installed a set of the Cycraa hand guards (green), these things are the best I have seen yet. Very easy to install and very strong. They will fit right on your stock bars with no problems. I had a set on my previous C-Dale and they really will take the punishment . I think I paid $96.00 + shipping for them and I ordered them direct from Cycra here in Ohio. ( in stock)
check um out or give them a call.
CYCRA
5742 Westbourne Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43213
614-866-9662
Toll Free 1-800- 770-2259
Fax: 614-866-2278
Email: sales@cycra.com
www.cycra.com

I also want to congratulate you other V-Force racers, I know it stinks when you see the guys like Green Team fly past you, but it is still quite an accomplishment to just finish one of these races on all four. You will also understand the true meaning of Iron-man or Iron-Women....Good job!

I am also glad to see that in the past few years GNCC ATV's seem to have really gotten popular. I am also glad to see that Kawasaki /Team Green has offered some support to their riders...great job Kawy! Now only if the other big four would do the same it would only get better. While I realize I'll never be a recipient $$$ of their effort, that is still one of the reasons why I bought the V-Force, and of course also because it is just one hell of a quad. I think Cross Country racing is an excellent way for the Industry to promote their quads in. Most people ( average Joe's ) can much better relate to the quads that run the Cross Country, the terrain and environment is what most will be riding in/on and the quads for the most part still retain their stock appearance (product recognition) rather than the stripped down, aftermarket, and cut quads of the MX'ers and TT bikes...., but I like them also. What I like about GNCC, is that about any decent rider can buy a basically stock quad and with only a few mods (rider comfort) can still be very competitive and win, especially with the newer sport quads that have been released in the last couple of years.

ooopps rambling again......later