Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Gas Gas needs it's own Category

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Gas needs it's own Category

You lot are all full of Gas Gas.

LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Leeroy

Can we get a list of the 9 possible GasGas models that your talking about.

The only ones I can think of is

2-strokes:

4-strokes:

Mini:

Old 08-09-2003, 06:56 AM
Trailblazer

i haven t been told yet exactly what is coming but as soon as i find out ill post it here, im almost certain one of them is a 250 four stroke fuel injection, i think there mat be some cheaper models coming like the 300/450 without the ohlins to give the option of a `lesser` quality for the man just looking a bit of fun, this will hopfully bring them down to around banshee raptor etc prices. As soon as i hear more ill let you s know.

Old 10-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

Gas Gas is a major factor in the Atv Sport world now whether or not this forumn will admit it or not for a first year no name company in the quad market can make such a huge impact on the sport its for real, its a race ready 2 stroke and 4 stroke available never before has that been done and now they are adding different models it takes time to start a new business ( i know its not new but for atvs its new) these things are definetly here to stay and advertising will pick up for them but im sure money issues permit them from handing out demo quads and such to magazines. And i think a gas gas category should be added because look at the interest created just in this post about gas gas's just a though, shouldn't matter on how many people own them i post in honda and other categories too and i dont own a honda Just my input, a glad gas gas owner

Old 10-23-2003, 09:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Biggerisbetter has an excellent point. First of all, as much as we may not like it, atv racing is just not a mainstream major us sport. It hasnt even touched the publicity that mx has gotten, mainly because of freestyle competitions in the x games.

Therefore, gas gas has to play to the public if they want to sell their quads. they need to at least provide models for testing. cannondale even did that. second, they need to release press reports and do a little advertising if they want their machine to taken into account by the typical hi-po sport quad buyer. not everyone is as informed as us on the forums.

It makes no more sense to assign a forum to gas gas than it does to w-tec, or any other low market share company that does not participate in atv connection's media events.

btw, i do like the gas gas quads and i understand your frustration

and also, there is no reason to remove the cannondale forum as they will continue to be made by the Dinli corporation.

Old 10-23-2003, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I imagine Gas Gas nor Honda nor Yamaha gives a rat's butt wether or not they have their own category on this web site (not dissing the site). The people that matter are you and I, the ones buying the quads and subscribing to the mags and giving the sites "hits". So I really don't care if Gas Gas gives any of the mags a quad, they have rediculous reviews anyway like "the YZF 450 has made the 250R obsolete" 4WheelATVaction Nov 2003 edition. GAS GAS is top notch reguardless of ATV Connection or any other magazine, they pretty much have shown they don't need you guys

Old 10-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

every quad since the 400ex has been claimed by one magazine or another to replace the 250r. This includes the gas gas 300. Honda and yamaha dont care if they have a forum, and niether does gas gas. But honda and yamaha have established enought of a market share and customer market that the very existance of a website demands that each have its own forum. Cannondale started with 1 model, the fx400. It then spawned 5 models, but all built on the same platform. Gas gas has 2. Both on essentially the same platform, but with different engines. Much like the w-tec company i referred to before. The page members are the ones who care about the forum because it directly effects them, the companies, as you said, could give a damn. I agree with you that you should have a page, I am just trying to point out that dbeck and the moderators and management of this website have a point as well.

Old 10-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh yeah,,,,,,Cannondale has their own category as does 3-wheelers. How many Dales have you been given to test lately? how about 3-wheelers? yeah, that's kinda what I thought.

Old 10-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately, there were perhaps 15? people out of 38,000+ forum members that have expressed an interest in a Gas-Gas forum. Real estate in these forums is truly a premium when you have 68,000 pages being read each day. We have to give the space to a category that would have more activity, at least until it appears that Gas Gas is a serious player in the market. As I mentioned, if we're not testing the machines and writing reviews about them and participating in new model press introductions, then we can't classify a manufacturer at the level that would warrant their own category.

Each year at the Powersports show in Indy we see perhaps 5 - 10 new ATV companies. Then a year later most of them are gone. None of these companies provide ATVs for review or hold media events. Nor do they spend any money on advertising. Thus we use these things as a gauge to determine who the serious players are in the market. Alternatively, if we had a few hundred forum members who wanted the category we would also consider it. But no matter how you look at it, there has to be some kind of yardstick used to determine who gets a category and who doesn't.

By the way...the major OEMs care very much if they have a category in these forums. Their engineers visit these forums daily (they tell us this at the press introductions) and they pay very close attention to the forums. In fact, if someone posts a photo of an ATV that hasn't yet been publicly announced, the OEMs contact us immediately--even before WE KNOW the photo was posted!

I don't by any means intend this explanation to undermine the accomplishments of Gas-Gas or the company. The ATV industry is a business and there are certain protocols that are followed. We're keeping a close eye on Gas-Gas and look for good things from them in the future. There is a lot of room in the market for the quads they are building.

Old 11-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

the gas gas looks like a great contender! ive never saw one in my area to compare to though. i rarely see a canondale around here! lol!!!

Quick Reply: Gas Gas needs it's own Category