Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Gas Gas needs it's own Category

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Gas needs it's own Category

thats one of the best things about the gas gas is every jack hole you see isnt ridding one. Lets keep them mysterios, the rest of us who are ready for something new and agresive in the market are loving them. And I do think its a great machine for the common man that wants a little more upfront and is willing to pay for it. And not have to spend all ther time and money after the fact to upgrade. I use mine almost soley for dunin.

"keep on 2-strokin in the free world"

03 hp300 GG
88 lt500R
91 lt250R

Old 11-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

I second that thought except i use mine for motocross

Old 12-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

looks like both dirtwheels & ATV sport were at a media day with the GasGas quads... they both have reviews in their January issues....
where were you dbeck?

so where's that category?

yes, i'm being a smartA__....!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with Dual sporter on this.

It looks like Dirtwheels and ATV Sport are taking GasGas a little more serious now. Both agreed the quad has some shining points and that it still needs improvements. What quad doesn't

I think that if GasGas continues to show signs of being serious then hopefully they will earn the right to have a cateegory of their own.

So when will be see a review from ATVconnection?

Old 12-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

The 04 450 will be alot better this year and by this time next year people will see that the GAS GAS is no under dog.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

One more thing,the magazines have only test 03's and if ATV Connection wants to do a test on what an 04 will be like I will do whatever it take to get mine to them to test.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Come on Guys! This is your chance to scoop the paper rags! Mr. Dunlap is trying to throw a steak on your grill!

Please test it. I'll broker a deal to get Gas Gas USA to spend some $$$ on this site. Let's be proactive and make this happen.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

I may even be able to get Ozzy and his people to to a celebrity ATV test with you. On second thought, not a good idea.

Old 12-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mickey

Can we get some details on the 450's you got?

Set-up, aftermarket parts, whose going to be racing on them, and stuff like that.

Also what all are you going to be offerring from the 4-stroke Tech side (Big bore kits, cams)?

Thanks Mickey. BTW if the new ones handle anything like the one you had last year then look out GNCC world these machine will be awesome. I got to take yours for a little test ride at Taylortown last year (thanks to Rick) only complain was it needed more power.

Old 12-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't know it at the time but when you rode it the rear link had been changed and it messed up the handling bad. At the same time the air cleaner didnt get sealed up when someone worked on it last and the motor had taken so much dirt through it that it wouldn't get out of its own way. I rebuilt the whole motor but I couldn't put it back stock (that just wouldn't me) so I sliped a 463cc kit in it just for fun. The stock motor when we first got it was real good but the 463 has better power all the way through. Chad Wallace will be riding it this year in the GNCC and I will put the 500cc stroker in it later this season. The way MXtech set the shocks up with the World Class Racing A-arms this is are best handling quad on the team,over are 470CC YFZ and are 500cc Z. Other then that the quad is stock.

Quick Reply: Gas Gas needs it's own Category