Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton 50 performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton 50 performance

Well.. our Polaris isn't much different from your Eton... Polaris doesn't make their own mini's... they are made my Aeon for Polaris... very similar in design to the Eton and Kasea minis.

I wouldn't got for a yamaha mine.. the front suspension is garbage. the hondas are nice, but I prefered the performance of the 2 stroke minis over a 4 stroke.

As for you eton in need of a top end.. now would be a good time to upgrade to a 70cc kit for that quad... you can do that the same as rbuilding a top end on the 50, you just swap in a new jug and piston. (about $190 or so)

For someone closer to you in Texas, contact Peak Performance in Rockwall, TX. http://www.dirtrides.com

Bryce

Old 08-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

actually 95 psi is not low. stock compression is only about 100.you can not bore the stock cylinder or get an oversized piston. you must buy a new cylinder and piston. both the web sotes he gave you are great guys to work with. i have never dealt with greg peak so i cant give an opinion there. i buy all my parts from wrh and trex tommy. they are both great guys and will go out of their way to help you out.

Mark

Old 08-20-2003, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

I don't think you really need a new piston...maybe just re-ring it. That comp # sounds fine...especially for a trail machine.

We were talking in another forum about the sputtering you described. We have it on our Kasea 50s. It is the electric choke acting up. I assume you have the same setup since all the motors are virtually the same.

Start the quad and when it starts stumbling, unplug the choke and see if it runs better. My daughter's quad has to be really warmed up to run right. I think I am going to wire in a switch to turn the choke on and off...sort of like a manual choke.

Old 08-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Pretty good thinking mascman.

I believe thats probley whats going on with my boys 50. When its a cold start you got to be real carfull or it will flood out.If you give it gas it bogs down and floods out. Lots of smoke.Its like the choke is stuck and needs to be turned off.It runs clean after its warmed up.

I will try and disconect it today after I start it and see if it helps.

If it does I defantly will rig an on off switch.

Old 08-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the help, I went to ebay and ended up geting a new gug for the 50cc for only 25 bucks.shhhuuu. About the cold starting, I just reach under to the air box snorkel and bent it over to act like a choke and that seems to be a cheap and quick fix. Hope that may help.

Old 08-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Well that was the problem with mine. I started it today and after letting it warm for a minute it would sputter like the choke was stuck.I unpluged the choke and it ran fine.
I believe the electrick choke stays on for to long so I am going to ad a switch to turn it off an on manualy.

Old 08-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Range Rover

I'm sure you can add a switch to the bodywork, but let us know if anyone finds a nice handlebar mounted switch. I haven't really looked for one yet. I just think that would look like a cleaner install.

Actually, now that I think about it, it would be easier to add one underneath near the carb itself. In this case a nice sealed toggle would work.

Old 08-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey mascman, just wanted to let you know that i read your article of information about the eclectric choke on the kasea 50cc, i bought one about 3 months ago and was having the same problem with it running for about 3 minutes then it would die, i unplugged the choke and it runs fine, if you could give me the exact fix for yours, i'll try it on my end as well, thanks in advance

Old 08-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

I haven't done anything yet...weather has been rainy. I'd say just get a good toggle and wire it in. I haven't really looked into where I want to put it yet.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Could anybody tell me which wire in the magnito (CDI) to clip to disable the rev limiter. Also, is it the same on the 90. By the way, this site is great. It's about time that stuff is out there on making this quad faster. The other riders has had this stuff forever. I've learned not to ask any questions at the dealers because I have to educate them on how it works...

Quick Reply: Eton 50 performance