Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Breeze 125 vs. Predator 90

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breeze 125 vs. Predator 90

I'm almost ready to buy my daughter's next quad and have narrowed the search down to the Yamaha Breeze 125 or the Polaris Predator 90. Does anyone have any insight on either one?

My daughter will be 8 at Xmas (which is when she will get the quad) and has been riding a Suzuki LT 50 since last Xmas and had driven a Manco go kart for the year prior to that. She's taken the ATV safety course and I'm going to sign her up one more time this fall as a refiresher. She's big for her age, and is more the size of a 10 - 11 year old. No matter which one she gets we will make full use of the throttle limiter until I'm comfortable of her skills on the larger quad.

Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

I just bought the Breeze 125 for my son who is 10 for this comming xmas,
and the wife rode it around in the yard befor we hid it, she said it had a ton
more power that his cousins badger 80 and its not even close to the
power of the breeze. Were going to definatly have to limit the trottle on it.

We also looked at the preditor, and several other 90cc 4wheelers
and ended up choosing the breeze for him because of the extra power
and size of the 4wheeler. It has a head light, tail light, and break light, it has
full floor boards, reverse, and it just looked like the right one for him (being a big
kid) . plus he could ride it for a few years longer than he could if we had gone
with the smaller one, and we could hand it down to his sister after he outgrows it.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:34 AM
Trailblazer

I just bought a predator 90 for my boy who is 10. He is small more like a kids about 8 or 9.

We are both real happy with this bike it can seriously pull his 4 1/2 stone round nae problem with plenty of speed.
He loves it.

Just remember saftey is critical , much more than just how long it will last them.

News in scotland this week , a boy of nine killed when riding unsupervised on the back of a quad without a helmet.

You can't wrap them in cotton wool, just take all the safety measures u can.

Rods

Old 09-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi I purchased a 2002 Breeze for my Daughter, It has been a great quad going exactly where we all go even when I use 4 wheel drive, its all in the way you move and bounce and such. Do watch the brakes though, even while riding the brakes do seem to fade and need adjusting alot and for ours I mean alot. Buy or make a skid plate - I have not found one to purchase. This is when the occasional rock comes along. I am taking it to the shop for brakes today.
I also just bought a 2003 Polaris Sportsman for my other Daughter, This is a nice machine but no headlite and taillite for night driving. I picked up a headlitte and am going to make the taillite functional also. top spwwd is limited to 15 but a 1 minute removal of a jumper gives it a 30mph top speed. easy to handle and it looks good. The Predator sits too high for me and I like the racks on the Sportsman.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cant beat the Breeze we bought one in 01 for my son who was 9 at the time and it has been a great machine and like in the previous post it will keep up with 4x4s on trails but it will go through brakes,I put brakes on it about twice a year but we do lots of mud.

Old 09-17-2003, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

It maybe too late on this one ... but do not look at cc for cc .. the Breeze is a four stroke and the Pred is a two stroke. I've riden both (I'm over 200 lbs), for power, I'd go with the Predator .. Now the breeze does have one feature over the Predator, Reverse. Other than that, is down to money ... I think the Breeze is +$500 more. Either would be a great bike.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

I actually payed $2,900 OTD for my sons breeze, so it was a couple hundred $$ more than the preditor, but my son will be able to ride
a lot longer than the preditor, and it has a ton more power, and of course it has reverse

Old 09-18-2003, 12:04 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at Chaparral the other day (putting myself on a waiting list for a new Honda TRX 450R!!), and there was a Breeze on the floor. I pushed on the suspension, and it is pretty darn tight! I think the balooney tires are a big part of the suspension on this machine. Seems to me that the bike would bounce in the rough stuff (???). And, it seems a bit on the heavy side too. Personally, as a safety issue, I just don't like any machine that doesn't have engine braking!! I think of the Breeze and LTZ160 as kind of "intermediate" bikes for older kids, before they advance to the Blaster or the 250's.

Sorry, I know nothing about the Predator 90. Isn't it just one of the Taiwanese bikes with different plastic????

Old 09-18-2003, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

I bought the Pred for my son and I think I have riden it more than he has. I am at 185 pounds and it pulls me around just fine. I have not riden the breeze so I cannot say anything about that bike. The feature that I liked about the Pred is the fact that it comes with a governor that keeps it from going over 15mph. Then for later on you can remove the little jumper on the gov and it opens it up to 35mph. What I did was take a switch and mounted in next to the key switch so that I could easily go from governed to open real easy. All in all a fun little quad. So far it has survived my abuse, I have even jumped it a couple of times.

Old 09-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

"Recon" you hid the nail rite-on the head - it is a HEAVY machine and with the tires does BOUNCE on obstacles. To make it more comfortable you should CHANGE the rear shock to match the riders weight and install a skid-plate. Ours just came back yesterday from the shop with NEW brakes and was told it was a heavy machine fro the design of the brakes and I will continue to monitor and adjust them to be safe, it is also an ENTRY level machine. I still say it is a great machine but the brakes have to be updated and the factory is not gonna do it now.

Quick Reply: Breeze 125 vs. Predator 90