Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

some input please

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some input please

OK...here it goes. I just recently bought a predator 90...soon to arrive. I have a friend who has a kid that rides a trx90. Well, he likes to be some what loud in voicing his opinion. So i need some others' input on the predator 90 vs. trx90. I have no intentions of pushing my son into racing it is going to be about having fun..unless of course he wants to race.
He (the "friend")has already started with the insults about my 90 being a piece of junk....I have done research on the mini's before making my decision and I am happy with my choice and the dealer support that is in my area. Granted all the mini's have pros' and cons' some are old tech and others have bad this and that...you guys know what i mean.
I have some really nice people on this and other forums give me advice..which I am totally greatful for.
What I am asking is for everyones opinions on both quads the trx and the pred. Just maybe he might read this and think...and maybe see that doing this to kids is horrible. The sport is about fun and not my kids quad is better than yours.

I am just a mom that wants to have fun as a family...not the Hatfields and Macoys of the mini quad world.

TY every1

Old 09-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

i purchased a pred 90 when i got my 500 ,not real pleased,replacement parts are hard to come by,and the oil injection leaks and makes a mess everywhere.just my 2cents.no experience with other 90's oh yeah the chain is always comming loose and flying off.other than that it is great.good luck

Old 09-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

Well as far as the chain..that is an easy fix. Alot of people on here can get you in touch with a tensioner...as I have been told. I was also told you will see that with a lighter rider.
As far as parts my dealer is great with everything that I need now...and on these forums you get can just about anything.

I have not heard of any problems with the oil injection, seems to be an issue that you should take up with your dealer....That is the reason why I went with the pred. was my dealer and parts department has been very quick to get everything that I order....I have never waited more then 3-4 days for anything.

Well I am very sure we will love the 90....everything has issues at some point.

Keep the input coming...TY

Old 09-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While owning a TRX90 may make me biased, I have to say that overall the TRX is a better bike.

That doesn't mean the Predator 90 is not going to be a fine bike for your son. The TRX will be more reliable, the 4-speed manual trans will hook up quicker than the CVT on the Predator and the TRX will probably hold it's value longer - simply because it's been around forever and will last forever. OTOH, the Predator will be easier to ride due to the electric start and the CVT transmission. The Predator also looks waaaaay cooler, which can be all important to a kid.

There are many things that make a good kids quad. If your "friend" wants to show off, why don't you let your son and his son jump on their respective bikes from a stone cold start and see what happens......As good as the TRX90 is, it takes about 5 minutes of choke playing and throttle jockying to get it in running condition.

I have no clue as to which one will be faster, I suspect the TRX but if it is, it's only by a little.

Jaybee

Old 09-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer

TY..for the response.

keep'em coming!!!!