Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Looking a QJ atv for kids. Any reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking a QJ atv for kids. Any reviews

Looking at a QJ100 which has a 50cc engine. Trying to get some kind of an idea if they are reliable or not. The couple I have looked at seem to be built and run pretty well.

Old 09-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking a QJ atv for kids. Any reviews

Never heard of them, but then, a lot of new brands seem to be coming out of the wood work. I have seen some of the new 50 - 90 cc ones, I saw a 50 with a little 4 year old girl just putting around on it lose the front a arm and spindle, it just fell apart,poor metal quality. I myself would stick to the major brands, The Suzuki and Kawi 50 are the same,just different colors.The new Raptor 50 seems nice, Kasea makes a real nice looking quad, and they have become a real racing quad for some of the minis, as have the LEM. The main thing I would look at is dealer service and parts, does the one selling it just carrry the quads, or do they also have the parts? Will a simple breakdown leave you waiting weeks to order parts? Some of the "clones" out there copy popular body styles, but fall far short of reliability. I once looked at a brand called a Cougar, looked like a TRX90, but had a horrible transmission, shook and vibrated at speed, and the back up starter was a big lever you pulled up like a reverse kick start !! To keep your kids riding and happy, you might want to stick to a leading brand, that's just my opinion, the final decision is up to you. Good luck, and make sure safety equipment is the first thing you buy before putting kids on a quad.