Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

CT Pipe For LTA 50

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT Pipe For LTA 50

Update:
I changed the plug to a cooler one, an Autolite 4123. Same as a NGK BP5HS.
Dropped the main to a 65, needle clip to top position, air screw 1 turn out.

It moves out pretty good, and sounds about like a weedwacker at full bore, so the rpms are getting up there.

I inadvertantly discovered it's still a little too rich- when it began running out of gas it started making enough power to wheelie up over little bumps! Since I'm at 3000ft, I figure it will work perfect at sea level. I don't have a 60 main to try yet, but will look for one.

One thing that I noticed: when I dropped the needle it leaned out the entire range, from idle to full-throttle. Even the air screw needed to be turned in to compensate.

What I really need now are stiffer springs for the clutch to raise the engagement point. Anyone know who makes the springs for various bikes?

Old 05-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and have an LTA 50 for my son. I currently have taken both restrictors out and rejetted along with the K&N. I just went through all the jetting trial and error and want to let everyone know that you don't have to do this..............

Dial-A-Jet is the only way to go here. I am running a main 65 with dial a jet and needle in the 2ndfrom bottom clip and stock plug. I take my son riding at all different altitudes and heat ranges. This dial a jet really works. Head to "thunderproducts.com" and read about them if you don't know about them already. They don't have a specific application for the Suzuki 50 but I called Thunder Products and they shipped me the smallest one (length of injector tube) and I had to modify it (cut off a portion of it so the injector tube sits in the middle of the carb bell). These little quads are so finiky about jetting and after purchasing a Dial-a-jet for "my" quad, that spends time at elevations from sea leavel to 10k ft. and found this product to be awesome I decided to look into it for my sons little quad. I actually know a bit about jetting and did all my own jetting for years on all my bikes and quads but with the dial a jet it's a no brainer. Set it up once and never touch the carb again. You will have to change your main jets to create a lean condition for the dial a jet to work. I could explain the way it works but it's much easier to read about it on their web site.

My next mod will be going up on the rear sprocket to give this little 50 some snap off the bottom. I am like another poster who's son is only 4 so top speed is not a concern. Being able to get up over obsticles and starting out under load such as sand seem to be the little 50's biggest problems. This of is primarily a factor of the transmission these little things have in them. As my son's quad is now it tops out at about 14-17mph in the sand (smooth sand no hills). On a dirt road I believe it's up to anywhere between 16 and 19mph.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi ive got a lta 50 its for my daughter but it is so gutless .There is hardly any power at all took the resticter off at exhaust but not made much difference what else can i do . You say there is two where are they

thanks

Old 03-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: gaz1980
Hi ive got a lta 50 its for my daughter but it is so gutless .There is hardly any power at all took the resticter off at exhaust but not made much difference what else can i do . You say there is two where are they

thanks
The other restrictor is inside the intake manifold-take off the two bolts that mount the intake & you will find the restrictor inside.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

YOU MAY THINK IM THICK BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT QUADS OR ENGINES CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME IN DETAIL . THE ONE I HAVE TOOK OUT IS THE ONE BETWEEN ENGINE AND EXHAUST . IS THE OTHER ONE ON THE CARB .
SORRY [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's inside the small intake tube that the carb clamps onto. Take the two bolts out that bolt the tube to the head & you will find the restrictor right inside. I held the tube in a vise & twisted the restrictor out with a screwdriver. A little heat from a propane torch may make it come out easier.

Old 04-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Did the quad go alot better.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP