Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

CT Pipe For LTA 50

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT Pipe For LTA 50

CT racing has just come out with a pipe for the LTA 50. It cost me a little over $200. It really helped on the Mid - High end power range. I haven't noticed too big of a difference on the low end unfortunately. I like the sound, it kinda has that 2 stroke "ping" to it now. So far just out riding the desert, I think that it was a good improvement and worth the $200. After our Dumont trip in a couple of weeks I post how it did.

Other mods: Both restrictors out.
Next on the list: K &N, & re jetting

Old 10-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you have paddles for the 50 and 80? I have a 50 that we took to the dunes this summer and it didn't like to get going, especially on the hills. Once it rev'ed up a bit it went ok. I am thinking some small paddles with a pipe might improve this. Seems like once the bike gets wound up it has plenty of power, but the stock tires slip a lot. This is where I think paddles will help to keep the momentum going. Additionally, how does the 80 do? Thanks. Have a good trip.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

How much louder is the pipe than stock, and does it include a spark arrestor?

How much faster (mph) is it than stock now?

Old 10-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

It is louder, but not enough to turn heads. As far as how much faster it is, I never clocked the "Stock" version. It is noticably faster though. After Dumont in a couple of weeks I'll post the MPH. My son is only 4 and I'm not all that worried about the top end, my problem as been with the bottom end. I'll be putting the K&N on and re jetting this week end, and going up two teeth on the rear. Hopefully this helps.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:54 AM
Range Rover

This is the same pipe as the Graydon Proline Pipe. They get this pipe manufactured by the same shop. Go with the K&N RU-0200 and start with a 75 main jet. You may be able to go to a 80 main jet.

Old 10-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

I was not sure on which on to go with the Grayden or CT. CT had it in stock & I got it 3 days, vs waiting for Grayden. Thanks for the help with the filter & jetting.

Old 10-04-2003, 12:35 AM
Range Rover

Let me know how it works out for you. With this pipe, airfilter, and jetting you may lose some bottom end. I saw most of the gains in the screaming top end. My son is almost 6 and he needs the top end to run up the little dunes at Glamis.

Old 10-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

I did loose some bottom end. But I am very happy with it overall.

Old 10-15-2003, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I put my son's LT back together last night and took it for a spin. Much better, but the jetting isn't quite right, and I still want more power.

The current engine mods:
-No cap on the air filter, I am building a real airbox out of PVC to quiet down the intake noise and prepare for winter.
-Pulled stacked pilot, using 70 main, middle clip for needle.
-Ground down top of carb slide so full throttle could be achieved.
-Lightly ported intake elbow and intake port.
-1/4" hole about halfway down the intake side of the piston skirt.
-Polished combustion chamber.
-Head milled, 120psi of compression.
-Ported exhaust port, to size of gasket.
-1mm larger piston (the LTA50 does not use the same piston as the JR50 and old LT50, larger wrist pin on the LTA50).
-Premix, 40:1 Silkolene.
-Drilled more holes in the exhaust "cap" at the very end of the exhaust.

The bike has much more low and mid range power, though not enough. When screaming it down the road, every once in a while it would just start to "clear out" and sound like a proper 2-stroke coming on the pipe. :grin: That's what I'm looking for! I'll continue to dink with the jetting, and might have the head milled more to achieve about 150psi.

Questions:
-How do I determine what heat range plug to use?
-When I pulled the head off after after a full-throttle run and looked at the chamber, there was a light coating of dark liquid on the chamber and piston. I'm wondering if that's because I hit the kill button while at high rpm's and it just left unburnt fuel in there, or if it's of some significance?

Old 10-16-2003, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks!!! Sometime after Christmas I'll tear our little 50 down. I really do appreaciate the feed back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: CT Pipe For LTA 50