Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Pilots

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-1999, 08:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You totally missed my point.

Eric Zeh

Old 07-22-1999, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

I don't want to sit here and argue, but you claimin' that the max is the best...what do you have to say to the AGGRESSIVE SPORT quad riders out there? Is it the best for racing? It doesn't make sense to say that the max is the MOST POWERFUL, then turn around and say SPEED ISN'T AN ISSUE. Sure, power is needed to tear through hard-core terrain, but it is greatly needed for speed. How...how can it be the MOST POWERFUL, but no speed? I have nothing against the max or anything else, but to claim it is the BEST when there are many aggressive hi-speed sport riders reading, then claim it to be the most POWERFUL when it can't hit near as high of speed as the people reading, that is totally lame. Peace, I love everyones quads, but this just makes no sense. Later...

Old 07-22-1999, 01:40 AM
Trailblazer

RidE I don't think you understand what I said. I said the Max is MORE powerful than a quad when pulling heavy loads. Speed is not an issue in the terrain the Max is designed for. If a Max could go 50mph I would not do it. Going 25mph is more than enough, you simply can't control it at high speeds. WHY? Because it was designed for rough terrain, not racing.

I found out that most lamers on this discussion board know little or nothing about the Max. How can you compare when you have never ridden a Max? I have owned several quads, new and used, all different brands. I have a new Max so I can compare it to quads. Do yourself a favor and go ride a Max.

Old 07-24-1999, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The topic was, "Pilots!" Yet, somehow, we discuss Maxes. I confess, I've never ridden a Max, but they look like fun, and their amphibious capability intrigues me.

Now, a couple of points. MaxRules, you slam Argo's et al because you claim those machines have differentials. However, you previously reported Polarises have differentials (Polarises do not). What persuades readers of the accuracy of your Argo drivetrain analysis?

Further, you mention "farmers" who have never ridden Maxes. What relevance is one's vocation to the Max experience? Is a Max-virgin farmer's ignorance more profound than a corresponding carpenter's, accountant's or brain surgeon's? Or were you using "farmer" as a derogatory term? If so, I'd like to know: what's your house made of, and what do you eat?

One more point; I notice in your now-deleted post you resorted to name-calling and profanity (you owe Robert Venable an apology, if you possess sufficient character to offer one). These desperate efforts do not improve your argument; rather, the reverse, raising the question: Whom are your trying to convince of your Max's superiority? Yourself?

Tree Farmer

P.S. One more small detail, and I'm out of here. MaxRules, you claim the Max is the most "powerful" machine, in comparison with quads. Some definition of terms, like "powerful" may be useful for discussion. Before I quit school, my teacher told me one horsepower was 550 ft-lbs per second (another told me it was 746 watts, before he broke my watch crystal when he struck me with his ruler (I probably deserved it)). Unless these definitions have been amended or repealed, the Max is NOT the most powerful ATV on the planet.

T.F.

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 07-24-1999).]

Old 07-24-1999, 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

The Ranger probably can't out pull the Max. I heard it had bad traction, maybe because of the tires, I don't know. It isn't true six wheel drive. An Argo 8x8 (I am not really comparing Max/Argo) could out pull my Max, but I don't think it could the new Max IV 25HP. The Argo would only have four wheels pulling, while the Max would have all six.
Even if you quad has more HP, it still can't out pull the Max because the Max has more traction.

Yes my Polaris ran dry of fluid. The dipstick is right behind the recoil starter, take a look.

I don't know how baja trucks got in this. So they go really fast and hit stuff. My Max costs just a little over $5000. How much does one of those trucks cost? Are they amphibious?

No I have never owned any of those quads. Have you ever owned/ridden a Max?

Tree Farmer:
The only part of your post I understand is about the differentials. I don't know what kind of thing Polaris has, I just know not all four wheels always pull. I do know Argo's setup and yes they have differentials. The side with the least traction spins. To test this, jack up one side of the Argo. With both levers forward, give it gas. You will see that the side off the ground will spin, while the other will do nothing. Do this with a Max and both sides go and it will fall off the jack. The T-20 is a better tranny than the Argo's. I do lots of muddin' so I need six wheel drive all the time.

Old 07-24-1999, 02:21 PM
Range Rover

Unless your Polaris had a broken CV-joint, you didn't have a Polaris 4x4. What Polaris did you so call own?

Ask anybody at this site, ask polaris dealers
ask polaris. Polaris 4x4's never pull 3 wheels unless broken.

The Ranger has True 6-wheel drive. Who told you it had bad traction?

You ask how Baja Trucks got in to this? How did the make get in to this?

You polaris ran dry of transmission fluid?

------------------
Arctic Cat 500, Not your average Kitty, The New King Of the Jungle

Old 07-24-1999, 02:23 PM
Range Rover

You say I'm a Dumb ***. You're very right. I mean look at me, I am actually trying to speak to you politely and not be childish (my opinion, and maybe other's)like you were, even though you will most likely go back to name calling.

You have probaly pulled many quads out of the mud, but I realy don't care.

You say: I ride in mud, snow, sand, hills, ditches, creeks, rocks, logs, and lakes.
I would like to see you cross the ditches and logs I cross.

You say: For hauling heavy loads there is no better ATV than the Max. The Max is more powerful and gets better traction than any quad.

For I know an atleast 2 ATV's that can pull more and better than the Max: Polaris Ranger and the Argo 8x8. Both have more weight(which= better traction) and more torque. The Max is not more powerful than all
quads. My Arctic Cat 500 has 30.6 and the Grizzly has 28 ft.lbs of torque compared to about 22 ft.lbs on an 18 H.P max.

Your CVT transmission ran out of fluid? I might be wrong , but I don't think a CTV trans needs fluid.

Speed is not an issue in the terrain the Max is designed for. If a Max could go 50mph I would not do it. Going 25mph is more than enough, you simply can't control it at high speeds. WHY? Because it was designed for rough terrain, not racing.

Baja Trucks are designed for rough terrain but yet they do 150+ mph hitting bolders, ruts, and washouts from cm to about 2-feet.

I found out that most lamers on this discussion board know little or nothing about the Max. How can you compare when you have never ridden a Max? I have owned several quads, new and used, all different brands.

Have you owned or even ridden a Grizzly, Banshee, Sportsman 500, 400ex, Traxter, DS650, or an Arctic Cat. If not, how you realy can't say the Max is the best ATV, you can that it is the best quad you have ever ridden but not the best ever.

Sorry for the super long post, but I was trying to make a point.

------------------
Arctic Cat 500, Not your average Kitty, The New King Of the Jungle

[This message has been edited by Robert Venable (edited 07-24-1999).]

Old 07-24-1999, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MaxRules: Do all Maxes come with a computer keyboard that types, even while totally submerged under delusions of grandeur, like yours?

If you insist on slamming other folks' rides, I suggest you get one or two facts right, at least.

(You seem to know lots about what a Ranger "probably" can't do, from what you "heard" (from whom? Psychic Friends Network?), not to mention what an Argo can't do, against the new (Wow!) Max IV, er, probably.)

Tree Farmer

Old 07-26-1999, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

If you live near Missouri you are welcome to come to my house with your quad and I will show you the Max in action. You may lead on your quad and go anywhere you want and I will follow in my Max. Then I will lead and you can TRY to follow me. Be sure to bring a winch, tools, and your swimming gear (the creek gets deep). It won't take long and you will be convinced, there is nothing mightier than the Max!

Old 07-26-1999, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

For one, yes pilots are BAD machines, i saw one at the dunes this weekend ripping it up! On the point of the max, this winter big guy gcome up to michigan and we'll go anywhere you want, then you try to follow me punk, bring you "Mighty Max" and ill run circles all around you big fellah! Then we can race and do jump and everything!! i bet ya cant follow me over the 30 ft double jumps... now shut up and ride it!

Chris Jack

broke 87 lt250 (soon to be fixed (hopefully_)

Quick Reply: Pilots