Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Pilots

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-1999, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know why the '85 Oddyssey has such a wide turning radius?

Old 07-19-1999, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

Honda produced three different versions of Odyssey/Pilot type ATV’s. The FL250, FL350R and the FL400R. The 250 and 350 are called Odyssey’s and the 400 is called the Pilot. These are some of the safest ATV’s ever made. They can and have been raced very successfully. The Odysseys can be had at reasonable prices, but many times you will see the Pilot's selling for more than they sold for new, but in turn give you the biggest bang. If these vehicles interest you then check out Mike's Pilot Page at:

http://www.off-road.com/atv/pilot/ .

Be sure to check out his link's section, as there are many different web pages dedicated to these interesting ATV's.

Eric Zeh '85 FL350R

Old 07-19-1999, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, they are big. I sat in one in the dealers service center. He said he would set me up a ride in it next time we go out, if he can get the guy to go.

One thing he told me is that it pushes the front end very bad, unless you brake the inside wheel of the way you are turning.

Evan,

I think an Argo is a 8x8? I might be wrong, but I thought it was like a Max or somthing. By the way, how much better is that EX than your Blater? I can only guess you never miss the 200!

Adam Dowden

Old 07-19-1999, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

I've heard Honda Pilots are the safest ATV ever. I automatically assumed they weren't used for sport riding, then saw a pic of one on a track grabbing air on a jump. Personally, I love the way it looks, and am wondering about the availability of them. Can you ride real aggressive sport on them? Anyone have any pics or know where I can see some? I'm pretty interested in Pilots now...

------------------

Old 07-19-1999, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

I have always wanted to drive one. I have heard there are still a few dealers will brand new ones in crates that are stored.

Honda stopped making them in 1991 I think (guess), but dealers still had some left over for the next couple years.

Doing a search for Honda Pilot at somewhere like metacrawler.com should brong up some stuff.

I have seen totaly stock ones for sale from $3500-$6500 in newspapers, and classifieds.

Adam Dowden

Old 07-19-1999, 10:13 PM
Range Rover

I love Pilots. I wish I had one. They are amazing. They are the best looking atv's ever. They even created a race class for them, Stadium Lites. They were made in only 89 and 90 because of there high price (back then) of $5995.00. They were powered by a 397cc water cooled 2-stroke. They are the one of the only 3-Honda atv's (Pilots, Odyssey FL250, and Odyssey FL350) to have a belt drive(a.k.a Automatic) transmission.

------------------
Arctic Cat 500, Not your average Kitty, The New King Of the Jungle

Old 07-20-1999, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

I just checked out that site, looks like a cool ATV. To bad Honda gave up and stopped making them. Looks like if you make to high of a jump it may hurt a little...

I have been riding my Max with my uncle and he has a Polaris. I follow him everywhere. We make our own trails and I can easily go anywhere that he does. Most of the time was wasted trying to find a way around an obsticle that he could not pass, like a deep creek. I had lots of fun showing off my Max to three people swimming in the creek. They loved my Max and wanted their own. They never said a word about the lame Polaris sitting on shore.

Argo makes 6x6 and 8x8. They suck because they have a differential. Not all wheels always turn. It is really like a 3x6 or 4x8. The Max has true six wheel drive.

Old 07-21-1999, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

I would get a quad before a Max any day. If I ever did want a 6x6 of an 8x8 I would get an Argo.

Old 07-21-1999, 07:08 PM
Range Rover

Brandon Price, AKA: "MaxRules”. Does owning a Max make you more prone to calling people names? Are you by chance a Max dealer? The reason I ask is because it's all you ever talk about! For instance: this thread was started about Pilots, and even though you already have a thread started about how great your Max is, you still had to butt in. You start by dismissing the qualities of the Pilot. Then proceed to tell us how great your precious Max is and how everybody else's ride is a piece of junk!
Then when someone disagrees with you, you resort to name calling. This isnt the first time you’ve done this either! What do you hope to accomplish by behaving like this? I can tell you one thing, you won’t convince anyone that they should buy a Max with this little routine.

Eric Zeh

[This message has been edited by Eric Zeh (edited 07-21-1999).]

Old 07-21-1999, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

NO I am not a dealer and NO I am not saying the everyone's ATV is junk, there are lots of Max owners out there you know! I do talk about other things, but of course they are all about my Max because that is my ATV. With the terrain I ride on, speed is not an issue. I ride in mud, snow, sand, hills, ditches, creeks, rocks, logs, and lakes. I can ride through the rough terrain to a lake and drive out to the middle and go fishing. For hauling heavy loads there is no better ATV than the Max. The Max is more powerful and gets better traction than any quad.

Most of you have never rode a Max or some of you may never even have seen one. I can say (in my opinion) that the Max is the best because I have owned several quads to compare to the Max. Of the quads I have owned, I liked the Polaris the best. It did give me the most trouble but some of it may have been my fault. The two main problems I had was the spark plug wire fell off (that's right, FELL off) and the tranny locked up because somehow it ran out of fluid. It was a fun machine but the Max does so much more I can't help but love the Max. Try it and you will agree.

Quick Reply: Pilots