Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Need help on LT80

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on LT80

I would say get in touch with LT-80, he can really help you out. My friends son races an LT-80 built by him Nationally and does very well. Also races locally here in WI and has done excellent on it locally. My personal experience is that a stock 87 pipe works just as good as an aftermarket one and with a little work the stock carb works fine. Feel free to e-mail me with any other questions.

Old 11-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

EVENTHE KASEA HAS THE SAME AEON MOTOR AS THE OTHERS, YES IT WAS ORIGINALLY A YAMA, MOTOR BUT THE RIGHTS WERE SOLD TO AEON MOTORS(TAIWAN) THAT EVEN MAKES IT FOR THE ZUMA SCOOTER AS OF 03' I KNOW MY STUFF ON THESE MINI'S, NOT TRYING TO BRAG BUT I WORKED ON THEM ALL FROM (LEM) TO (SUZ). AND I DONT KNOW WHERE YALL GOT YOUR INFO ON DINLI BUYING CANNONDALE WHEN THE SUZ/KAW/CANNONDALE DEALER I DEAL WITH GOT A LETTER FROM (ATK) USA SAYING THEY ARE THE NEW OWNERS OF THE CANNONDALE LINE OF BIKES AND ATV'S. IN EVEN STATES THAT IN THE NEW DEC. DIRTBIKE MAG. TOO. I AGREE (LT80) KNOWS HIS STUFF I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP HER SINCE NOBODY HAD REPLIED TO HER QUESTION, AND I BUILT OUR LT80 AND IT RIPS.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

I appreciate everyones replies!!! I have been able to make a few decisions based on the replies. I will however get in touch with LT80 and get his opinoin as well. People are just asking me what to get my son for xmas and I thought that if I could come up with some ideas on parts that it would help us financially on this whole process. I'm sure everyone can agree with me that this sport is waaaayyy more expensive than it really needs to be. Thanks to everyone who replied!!!

Old 11-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. I THINK THESE MINIS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE TO RACE THAN THE BIG ONES.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, all except the Banshee- which is my husbands poison.!!

Old 11-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

YEAH, YOU GOT TO BUY 2 OF EVERYTHING.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RAWDAWG
EVENTHE KASEA HAS THE SAME AEON MOTOR AS THE OTHERS, YES IT WAS ORIGINALLY A YAMA, MOTOR BUT THE RIGHTS WERE SOLD TO AEON MOTORS(TAIWAN) THAT EVEN MAKES IT FOR THE ZUMA SCOOTER AS OF 03' I KNOW MY STUFF ON THESE MINI'S, NOT TRYING TO BRAG BUT I WORKED ON THEM ALL FROM (LEM) TO (SUZ). AND I DONT KNOW WHERE YALL GOT YOUR INFO ON DINLI BUYING CANNONDALE WHEN THE SUZ/KAW/CANNONDALE DEALER I DEAL WITH GOT A LETTER FROM (ATK) USA SAYING THEY ARE THE NEW OWNERS OF THE CANNONDALE LINE OF BIKES AND ATV'S. IN EVEN STATES THAT IN THE NEW DEC. DIRTBIKE MAG. TOO. I AGREE (LT80) KNOWS HIS STUFF I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP HER SINCE NOBODY HAD REPLIED TO HER QUESTION, AND I BUILT OUR LT80 AND IT RIPS.
ATK bought the left over parts and will be building "Cannondale" leftovers...

and now from

http://www.dinliusa.com/cannondale.html

NEWS RELEASE
For Immediate Release

Dinli Purchases Intellectual Property of Cannondale Motorsports Division

(September 12, 2003-Greenwich. CT) Moto Assests Acquisition Corp. has accounced that Dinli Metal Industrial Company, Ltd. ("Dinli"), a Taiwanese manufacturer of All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), has purchased the intellectual property associated with the motorsports division of the former Cannondale Corporation for an undisclosed sum. Dinli is now the sole owner of the intellectual property for use on a world wide basis. The sale to Dinli does not include any use or association with or rights to the Cannondale name or trademark.

Moto Assets Acquisition Corp. was formed by private equity investment firm Pegasus Partners II, LP ("Pegasus") to acquire the assests of Cannondale Corporation's motorsports division earlier this year. At that time, Pegasus also formed the Cannondale Bicycle Corporation to purchase the assets of Cannondale Corporation's bicycle division.

David Uri, a Partner at Pegasus and the President of Moto Assets Acquisition Corp. said that the sale to Dinli was consistent with Pegasus' stated goal of divesting itself of the motorsports assets. "We want to concentrate on growing the Cannondale Bicycle Corporation, and on strengthening and growing one of the premier brands of lightweight, high-performance bicycles in the world," said Uri. "We wish Dinli the best of luck in their future pursuits as the excludive owner of the intellectual property of the motorsports division of the former Cannondale Corporation."

- end -

And now from http://www.atkusa.com/presskit/PressRelease20030603.asp

ATK BUYS OUT CANNONDALE MOTORSPORTS INVENTORY;
RESCUES DEALERS AND OWNERS WORLDWIDE Salt Lake City, UT September 9, 2003 - America's 2nd oldest motorcycle manufacturer, ATK Motorcycles has taken delivery of all remaining Cannondale Motorsports inventory, paving the way for Cannondale dealers to resume providing parts and service to thousands of off-road motorcycle and ATV riders worldwide.

In January, 2003, Cannondale Motorsports filed bankruptcy, leaving industry experts unsure of the future of Cannondale, and dealers unable to obtain Cannondale products and spare parts (see www.cannondaler.com). The inventory, valued at over $13MM, will enable ATK to provide products, parts and service to Cannondale Motorsports dealers and owners into the future. ATK has already begun shipping parts through the existing Cannondale dealer network.

According to ATK President Frank White, the off-road motorcycle industry sells about 300,000 units per year. Armed with new American technology and innovation, ATK is now poised to move into the fast-growing ATV market, which sold over 760,000 units last year alone, with growth continuing at over 20% annually. "This is a huge market, and Cannondale was on the cutting edge of technology and design. We want to incorporate that kind of forward-thinking into future ATK models."

ATK plans to introduce new models in 2004, made from high-quality Cannondale parts, incorporating design improvements in an effort to make the product more reliable. As parts and inventory are sold, ATK plans to begin manufacturing parts for both Cannondale and ATK products, ensuring continued availablility for dealers and enthusiasts worldwide. ATK also plans to expand its Homeland Defender lineup of lawenforcement and military off-road vehicles, many of which are used by police departments in America.

So ATK gets what's left of the stuff in the US, and Dinli goes off with the designs.

But this is getting way off topic now... Bryce

Oh ya.. TAKE IT EASY ON THE CAPS LOCK KEY!!!

Old 11-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

Didn't you say that yah didnt want to spend a lot of money, then forget about a pipe! The only difference yah get out of the pipe is the sound! Save your $150.00 bucks and put it toward some motor work, Jack {LT80} did ours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]! You won't be let down, and a SUPER NICE guy. Just some words of wisdem! Make sure you son ready for more power before yah send the motor off!

Old 11-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cool, scramblur 50 its good to learn something new every day. that sheds some light on why everybody is saying that dinli bought cannondale. wouldn't it be something if in 04' or '05 if atk and dinli both put out a (cannible). sorry about the (caps) get a little lazy sometimes. how can i get in touch with (lt80JACK)? thanks,randall

Old 11-07-2003, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

Try TDR Racing, my sons LT80 was done by them and it flies.
Big Bore kit, clutch work, I hate to say but a trinity pipe, and aftermarket race carb, I don't know the size I.D. of the carb.

I bought the quad with all this work done to it already. Its a 99 Lt80

Quick Reply: Need help on LT80