Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

E-ton or Bombardier

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-ton or Bombardier

You will be very pleased with the viper.They already come with lights from the factory.To be legal in the U.S they had to put a sticker over the lens of the headlights.Just peel it off and you have lights.And Yes you can play on it a little as well.The thing is rated to carry 240lbs! Now which colour are you going to get?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 08:03 AM
MTI
Weekend Warrior

Triplejfarm,

I went through the same decision a few weeks ago. I went with the Blast (same as Kasea but with foot protectors). I think the ETON is also a very good machine. Once you shop around the price is a non issue. I negotiated the same deal for both machines at several different dealers. I know allot of people want a dealer nearby but you have to realize that most of the machines only have a 6 month warranty. Any Quad dealer or Quad/Motorcycle repair shop can fix these machines. For example I have a local shop that does all my work. I have never been to a dealer for service (even on my KFX). Any shop can get parts for ETON or Kasea with no problem.

I also have a 6 year old. He is average size and has no problem riding a 90cc machine. He would have definitely outgrown the 50cc in a year. I agree with everyone that recommended to get the 90cc. A little more money now is a wise investment.

Here are the reasons why I went with the Blast/Kasea (there is also another brand that is the same machine except for the plastic called the LRX. The LRX also comes with Racks which are a nice feature).

Rear foot brake - I think this is a big safety advantage and teaches the kids the proper technique for braking. I do think the ETON disc is a great brake but I would rather see my kids hands fully attached to the bars in tricky situations that involve braking.

Stronger rear swingarm and front a-arms - I think this is a close call between the ETON and Kasea but the Kasea's seem to be a little better and designed like a full size machine.

Aftermarket parts - most parts are available for both ETON and Kasea but there seems to be much more availablity for Kasea and some of the custom shops have really great Kasea only stuff like skidplates and bumpers.

Stock Suspension is better on the Kasea.

The decision was hard for me as the machines are very close in features and quality. The Kasea just seemed a little better in some of the areas that were important to me. Everyone will have different needs.

Just so I don't start any kind of fight here, I will say again that the ETON is a great machine and I think I (and my kids) would have been happy with either machine.

Great ETON stuff as pointed out in previous posts are:

Disc brake, stronger chain, pulsing led light up front and tail light and horn.

You did ask about servicing these machines and the only issue I have heard of is that the plastic and floor boards on the ETON must be removed to get at many of the engine, transmission and other parts for servicing. I don't think this is a big deal but could be a pain.

Here are the websites for the Kasea, Blast and LRX

http://www.kasea.com/

http://www.upd.net/blast/models.htm

http://www.motorfun.com/

Hope this helps.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

If you don't take that Bomber at $1200 your an idiot. Sorry to say but that is a great machine and one heck of a price. You will need to add a DRR cdi for $75 to the price of that machine and it will walk over every 50 you put it against.

Suspension, They are not works shocks but they are good shocks for a stock machine. Wide, Yeah, it's wider thatn the E-Ton even after you flip your wheels around.

Engine, This engine is a different engine than most others. When you go to get aftermarket parts, make sure they know it is not the same as the others. It is a Hershee engine. The machine is a great machine.

If the price was the same, then you can talk about this and that, but at $1200, I can't buy them for that price!!

Old 11-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Now I'm the idiot, I didn't read through the whole post. Anyway, The price at $1500 is a good deal. I would still go with a DS50 because I know what they can be made to do without rbeaking the bank.

Old 11-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer

Nah, not an idiot..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ok here are my prices....
I am seriously thinking about going for the 90, to many pro's to getting one that will last a bit longer, and Mom can ride it..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ( ok maybe that is the biggest reason)
DS 50 $1500
DS 90 $1950

quest 50 $1626
Quest 90 $2000

Viper 50 $1750
Viper 90 $ 1950

I agree if we stick to the 50, I am going for the Quest/DS 50, wider, better looking..

if I move up to the 90 ( seriously considering) the DS and the viper are the same price, everyone has said that for the same price that the Viper 90 is better than the DS 90, and the DS 90 has to be shifted, not sure if my son will be able to shift it, and the viper is an auto....

so even though I like the looks of the Quest/DS 90 better, the Viper has more features and itis an AUTO...
also..the DS/ QUest is a 4 stroke and the viper is a 2 stroke..
any ideas on the difference between the two stroke and 4...
I think the DS 90 is a good deal also, 1950, but is has to be shifted, and the floor is open,
What do you think..
Thanks...
gesh I need to make a descision by this weekend...dang

Old 11-26-2003, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer

Oldyeller, I was thinking on starting another thread just to get opinions on the color.....??

Just kidding...I have taken up enough of your time....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

one more question, I think everyone has made up my mind to go for the 90, right.?
the DS 90 is a 4 stroke, and the Viper 90 is a 2 stoke...
what is the diference,
so that is a plus for the DS right.?? but the big selling point for the eton is that the 90 is an auto, how hard would it be for a 5 yr old to learn to shift an semi auto.?
I like that the DS is better looking , and wider, but he horn and lights on the viper are calling to me..hahahah

we wont be racing, just "farm" stuff....

Also have you ever seen aftermarket racks for the eton.?? what can I say, hes a farm kid, and he wants racks to haul hay [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks
again......and again....
Deb

Old 11-26-2003, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't heard anything about these little 4 strokes but here is the basic differences.
<4 strokes ,have valves and camshaft(more moving parts and a little more complicated but last longer)
<2 strokes are much simpler design(don't last as long but are much easier and cheaper to rebuild)
<4 strokes don't burn oil with the gas(so just change oil every so often like a car)
<2 strokes burn oil along with the gas (but you never have to change it)
<4 strokes generally have more torque(low end power and pulling ability)
<2 strokes make more horsepower but at a higher rpm(usually faster mid and top speed )
<4 strokes have better fuel economy and spark plug life
<these little 2 strokes are fan cooled so they will remain cool at an idle for extended periods
<4 stroke rely's on moving through the air for cooling as well as the oil in the engine(can't leave idling for a long time)
These are just some things I could think of off the top of my head.Unfortuanatly I haven't heard any feedback on these little 4 stroke engines.If the engine has enough torque you may be able to get around the shifting part by just starting off in second gear and leaving it there.It will limit the top end but still should have some speed.It would be good to get him to learn how to shift as soon as possible though to avoid over revving the engine or damaging the clutch.I can't really see a rack on the viper or the DS90.Maybe you should check out some other brands that come with racks like the polaris sportsman for example.I know there are other brands that come with racks as well,If thats what your little guy has his heart set on

Old 11-26-2003, 11:44 AM
MTI
Weekend Warrior

If you really want racks the LRX has Racks. I have not seen any aftermarket racks for an ETON.

LRX/Kasea 90 is wider than the ETON by 1" and this is with 7" stock tires.

As for price, most Kasea dealers will ship one to your door for $1900. You can probably get an even better deal on an LRX.

Old 11-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

The 4 stroke is the best bet for a little more serious kid. theya re also the best machine out there to teach kids how to ride. Power wise they are about the same stock for stock. Once you start building the machines then teh two stroke will be cheaper and easier to build. I know some Honda performance people say teh engine is different than the Honda. The copy is close but some things are different. I think the cams and stuff are the same. Of course you can change carbs, etc. Believe it or not, most kids will have the shifting thing down in about two hours.

Another thing to consider is resale. 2006 all 2 stroke sales will be ban. You can still sell one as an individual but will the people looking what a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke?

Old 12-01-2003, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Another thing to consider is resale. 2006 all 2 stroke sales will be ban. You can still sell one as an individual but will the people looking what a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke?[/quote]

What, where did you her that.

Quick Reply: E-ton or Bombardier