Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Getting very close on predator 90

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting very close on predator 90

We have the predator90 and no problems very dependable, fast, and the lil' one likes the way it looks. WOW!!! You are the buyer if you want it fresh out of the box that is what you should get..I do not blame you for walking out, I would have too...but before I did. Well, I think you can figure out the rest on your own. The kfx 80 seems to be a good old quad...OLD. It is the suzuki 80 in a diff. color. I will not bag on anothers choice. I was going to get the dinli at first, but there just were no dealers close enuff to us. That is a good machine. You will find alot of different opinions...go with what you feel is best for your situation. Just take your time. Enjoy.

Old 12-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah Z, I wanted to ram that predator up that guy's rear before I left. I couldn't tell if the guy was even an adult. He was under a large quad working on it. He sounded like a teenager; may have been the dealer's son who knows? He was in the back of a junky shop. I never even got a look at him. Neither of them knew that I had heard the conversation. I kinda slipped into the shop on my own. I did tell the dealer when he stepped out of the shop that if his helper felt that way about it, I would just leave. That's when he started getting sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].......Too late! All confidence in him was gone at that point.

Old 12-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Z, I forgot to mention that I have sifted through most of all local dealers on the predator. Some won't have one before Christmas and the ones that do won't negotiate from list price.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Trailblazer

here is a place in TN. not sure how far from you that is but here is what i found on cycletrader.com

------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add to Saved Cycles Chattanooga, TN $1,999.00
2004 POLARIS PREDATOR 90 2x4, WE DO NOT COLLECT SALES TAX FROM OUT OF STATE BUYERS AND THERE ARE NO EXTRA CHARGES WHATSOEVER EXCEPT SALES TAX FOR TENNESSEE RESIDENTS! BEWARE!!! SOME DEALERS CHARGE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR FREIGHT, SETUP, PREP. CHARGES ETC. NOT HERE!… More Details & Photos Email the Seller Email POLARIS-VICTORY-TRIUMPH OF CHATTANOOGA Visit My Online Showroom (888) 207-9821
Date Placed:
Chattanooga, TN $1,999.00

-

---------------------------------------------
and this one in your area

----------------------------------------
2003 POLARIS Predator 90, Special Pricing limited to dealer stock!!! What an awesome 90cc Youth ATV! This youth Sport Quad is made to race or trail ride and has distinct styling features just like it big brother, the Predator 500. Includes $200.00 in accys and safety equipment!!! Hurry, we will not be able to hold this price after our stock runs out!!!… More Details Email Gateway Cycles Visit My Online Showroom (866) 651-0945
Date Placed:
03-MAR-03
Mount Sterling, KY $2,199.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

goodluck

Old 12-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

If you haven't bought yet I'd go take a look at the Kasea Skyhawk 90. It has the solid front end of the LT80, an adult quad type
swingarm. From everyone that I've spoken to, this is the new racer on the market. There are tons of aftermarket parts
and they retail cheaper than the others. Check out the newest issue of DirtWheels with the 2004 buyers guide in it. It has all the
mini's out, prices, specs, so you can compare.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer

Why is it everytime someone comes on here and tells us they have decieded on something other than a kasea quad...another comes on and pushes a kasea. People do , do their own research...I'm sure.

Just for people that are looking into buying, the kasea is not the best mini on the market and all have goods and bads.

They all lack in some area.
Predator is a great lil machine. I am not saying the kasea is not a good quad but it does have it short comings just like the others. Sorry but it is true.

Anywho, the Predator 90 is a great quad IMO. No issues for us, it has been trouble free.

Old 12-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

bigcreek1 incase you change your mind and still want to get a Predator for you daughter there two dealers Tenn that have excellent prices. 04 1999.00 OTD and 03 2035.00 OTD. I have been searching for great prices and found these two dealers. They shouldn't be to far of a drive from you. I originally was going to buy th KFX 80 but changed my mind after doing extensive reading in the forums. If you or anybody else is interested PM me and I will give you the internet sites. I have bought from one of them before and had an excellent experience. No hassel, got the OTD price, great friendly people. Is it against the rules to put dealers address/internet sites on here?

Old 12-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

zgirl2, For starters I wasn't "pushing" anything on him. I myself own an LT50. If you had paid attention to my post before flaming
it, you would have seen the part where I told him to pick up the latest issue of DirtWheels with the 2004 buyers guide in it so he can do his own comparison on ALL THE BRANDS of mini's. My 6yr old son's LT50 is modded as far as I can take it, ported & polished, milled head,
ignition advanced, carb work, piston reshaped, etc. I'm not a newbie who hasn't done his research, I was offering up an opinion that's
it. Since you seemed to be so well versed how about listing some "flaws" with the Kasea?

Old 12-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

Was that flaming??? NO! I just stated a fact! Everytime you turn around someone is blowing the kasea horn. I stated my own opinion. I also stated that every quad has it flaws. WOW...you take s*^t way to personal. There was no attack on you or your post. RELAX! I do not claimed to be"WELL VERSED" as you stated, but facts are facts and everyone of these mini's has it's issues. I was not blasting you in anyway and if you took it that way then I appologize for the misunderstanding. I got great info from what I consider to be GURUS on the subject and then made up my own mind which was best for my lil' one...dealer support is key, parts will never be an issue as there is a huge after market.

Roaddoc if you are looking for info sure pick-up a mag and read, get opinions from long term owners and then go and check out your choices. Find a dealer that is going to let your kid take it for a ride. most important of all is what they feel comfortable driving and what you feel they can handle.
there is another website you can check out for info...all brand owners that will give a heads up. http://miniatv.proboards23.com/index.cgi

Great site...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I will be there, with my GURUS.

Old 12-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys. These forums are so great for real world info. eventhough we might rub each other the wrong way sometimes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have cooled off a little this morning. If I can locate a predator at a "good dealer" that is fairly local, I might still be interested. I am completely sold on the reliability of the kfx/lt though. I like the size, styling and choke location of the predator. Oh well, maybe I'll get it done next weekend. Oh no! not another week of debating between the two.........you guys all know where I'm coming from. One big reason that I am stuck on polaris and kawi is the 3.9% financing.....hard to beat that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]