Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

xtreme vs skyhawk

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 02:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xtreme vs skyhawk

Can someone please tell me why one is better than the other. Which one has better suspention? If i was to do the same mods to each which one would be faster? I am had my mind set on the skyhawk 90 but now I'm not sure. Please help. Need to know the major diff of the two..... in the 90cc model. Thanks

Old 12-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Go look at both. I did, and bought the Kasea!

Old 12-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

Why? What about the Kasea did you like better.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

I liked the idea of starting them out using the foot brake so that I didn't have to retrain them later. A set of AC nerfs can be added to protect the little ones feet.

I have to admit, that I visited that other Kasea biased forum before purchasing, but I'm glad I did. I looked at Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, Polaris, Extreme, Eton, and Kasea before making my purchase. Each have their own strong points and weeknesses. IMO the Kasea looked like the most solid quad out there, and the price was right!

I was looking to buy the KFX (I ride a Prairie), my son wanted a TRX (he rides a Honda), but the Kasea offered the best value for the buck. There are many companies making high performance parts for these quads (including Trinity). Mine is basically stock for now, til my daughter gets the hang of it. But I will add go fast parts as her skill increases. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It has been ridden hard over the last 8 months by my whole family, and has yet to experience any problems. If proper maintenance is done, any of these quads will last for quite a while.

Check them all out and make a decision that you are comfortable with. Enjoy the time with your kids!

Old 01-18-2004, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer

because I am mechanically challenged and wanted to get my 4 year old a 4 stroke 50cc (yes, a slow sluggish 4 stroke) for a 50cc!! I bought the Xtreme 49cc, it's a mini quad... info at xtremeatv.com, this thing kicks butt!!! I was shocked at the power for this little mini, has nice suspension in front and rear, would suggest a little stiffer to keep the wheels on the ground, but very nice and runs great and strong. looked at the Kasea mini 50, had two service guys at 2 different dealers tell me that they are having carb problems, so went with Xtreme. NO, I don't sell them or own stock, I spent about 4 months trying to decide and made the best choice I fell. I picked it up in Costa Mesa for $1,300 OTD

Old 01-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yfzpilot
Why? What about the Kasea did you like better.
My 10 tr old has a Kasea with a few small mods,
heres a Video of her at this last weeks race............. Need I say more about Kasea??????? They are Fast lilttle buggers!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Tina ........ Oh, the other vids are of my Sons Eton Viper50 and MY ole mans race........Text