Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Blast 50 and Kasea Skyhawk 50

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 10:07 PM
LB
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blast 50 and Kasea Skyhawk 50

I have read in this forum that the Blast 50 and Kasea Skyhawk 50 are identical machines manufactured by SMC(?). When I go on the Blast and Kasea wevbsites and look at the specifications there are differences between the machines. From the wealth of information I have been able to gather from this forum I have decided on a Kasea Skyhawk 50, but while trying to fid a Kasea dealer (Atlanta) I called one and he said he now only carries Blast ATV's and not Kasea. That being said should I try to find another dealer which carries Kasea, or go with the local Blast? I would imagine that if these ATV's are identical the aftermarket parts are also available (probably the same parts) for the Blast. Thanks you all for the information which you provided in this forum...you guys are most helpful........regards..........LB

Old 10-14-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

LB,

The Kasea, LRX and Blast are identical except for the plastic -- regardless of what the actual companies say. They are all SMC built.

The parts are identical and interchange exactly. If you have any questions, let me know.

Jon

Old 10-14-2003, 06:30 PM
LB
Weekend Warrior

Raptor720,
Thanks for the reply, I thought as much but wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger. In the interim, I contacted a Kasea dealer in South Atlanta and he was telling me that there is a new 2004 50cc "Outback" and he has a couple of them on his showroom floor. Same as the Skyhawk, but with Sport Utility plastic and racks. Have you ever heard of this?, as Kasea does not even show this "OB" model on it's website. Once again thanks for the information........regards..........LB

Old 10-14-2003, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

I usually hear of these things early. It is quite possible that this is an old Dark Forest Green Skyhawk that came with a utility rack. Kasea is trying to enter the Utility market at the 90 and adult ATV levels. Perhaps this is something that is new new.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

LB,
Bring it out and race with us in the GMQA. Go to www.gmqa.com

Blast distributor for teh Atlanta area is Amed.

Old 10-16-2003, 06:08 PM
LB
Weekend Warrior

Thanks T-Rex..........Great site, once my boy can handle the new Kasea, I will certainly head in that direction. We do 90% of our riding in Ellijay and have been to a track up there off Roy Road, just as spectators. That might be a good learning place for him this winter and maybe catch up with you all in the Spring..........thanks.........LB

Old 10-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Range Rover

What track on Roy Road? Do you mean Andreson Creek ORV area? I used to drive 4x4 trucks up there a lot.. only been there on my quads once... good place to ride.

My daughter is racing in the GMQA series.. only been riding since March. Her site is www.apb-racing.com

Check out the videos I put on the GMQA.com site to see how the races go (if you haven't already)... glad you liked the gmqa.com site, I'm the webmaster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Love to see ya out at the races.. either to race or to see them race to get an idea of how it's done.

Bryce

Old 10-16-2003, 11:52 PM
LB
Weekend Warrior

Scramblur50,
I have ridden the Anderson Creek ORV and it is a cool place to ride, just look out for the JEEP's....have had a couple of close calls there by me going one way on a quad and a JEEP coming the other..anyhow great area. The track which I am talking about is off of Roy Road on a road called Macedonia. Hwy 515 to 52 East, ~6 miles, make a left on Roy Road (Chevron on the corner) and go ~4-5 miles and you will see Macidonia on the left, take a left and the track will be up on the right about a mile. I think it opened up this spring and I believe it is just getting going. I know they were advertising in local newpaper in Ellijay (Times Courier). I was up there 2 weeks ago and was fishing nearby and stopped in with my son on a Saturday afternoon, but the gate was locked. I do not know if they "close" for the winter but it is now great riding weather. I will be up there this weekend again and will try and get some more information and send it your way seeing you are in Acworth .......hope this helps........LB

Old 10-17-2003, 12:20 AM
Range Rover

OK.. I know the road.. didn't know there was a track there. We used to practice at Talking Rock Arena.. but after they royally screwed a bunch of people by planning a race, and cancelinging it literally, minutes before it was to start, we haven't been back... I know of others that won't go back their either... it also looks like their web site is dead.

let us know what you can find out about the track in Ellijay.

Thanks, Bryce