Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton 90 vs Kasea 90

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton 90 vs Kasea 90

I am picking up a Eton Viper 90 for my son this week. I had it narrowed down between a Kasea 90 and Eton. I chose Eton because the dealer has been in business over 25 years and has a good reputation and the Kasea dealer has been in business only a couple of years and has only carried Kasea for about 6 months. I know you shouldn't buy on looks, but I knew that if my son was standing in front on both units, he would choose the Eton. The other factor was a fully integrated footboard on the Eton and the Kasea is open. He is going to use the unit for trail riding only. Does anyone have any opinions on whether I made a good choice? (It's not entirely too late)

Old 12-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

They are both great lil' quads. The Viper is a nicer looking quad. The kasea has the foot brake. There are differences in both. If you wanted to get the Kasea there are some poeple on here that can hook you up with some nerfs and that would solve the floor board issue. There are mods for both and you can find those here. Someone will chime in on this post and give you more info.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I saw both of the quads in person and they both look good. I chose Kasea because of the locality of the dealers and they look just like the Honda Sportrax 250EX I bought my wife.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Old 12-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer

Here's a link to a comparison post I put up a few days ago that was done by another member ( Raptor720) Scroll down to the last post.
Kasea Comparison
Good Luck either way you go.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

You will be very happy with the E-ton as well.I think that comparison that livin4real keeps posting has a bit of a Kasea slant to it.Most of the Kasea advantages are only advantages in all out racing competition.For 95% of the people they probably will never need the extra beefy swingarm and A arms.Foot brake is a preference and gives up the floorboards.I'm not knocking the Kasea but we love our Viper and I feel that the comparison given is a little misleading.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

I'm just offering up the info like he asked for. the person that posted it is a mod on another forum. My son rides a Suzuki. This is only
the second time I have posted it, not knocking anyone but if people would do a search before they post, they would see most of their
questions have already been answered.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information from all of you. I am a new forum member (today) and reading these and past posts have helped. Another ATV forum has a lot of posts extolling the virtues of Kasea for racing. We never plan to race but you never know. I guess it's going to come down to the dealer and that's Eton hands down. Thanks again and I'll keep posting to let you know how its holding up. We will run a lot of mountain trails going over creeks and steep inclines, so it will get a good workout. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Old Yeller -- I notice you are from Canada. Any opinions on Bombardiers? I just purchased a Quest 650 and its having a lot of initial problems. I'm hoping things get better because I love the look, ride and power. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry if I offended you livin4real.I remember when that comparison was originally posted and it was on a highly biased Kasea site.I always argued that its supposed advantages weren't necessarily advantages to everyone. I guess I've just seen it too many times. Daddy1st I don't have any personal exerience with Bombi quads.I looked at the DS 90 for my son but was disappointed in its lack of suspension and the E-ton Viper just had a ton more features as well.I have had lots of very good luck with Bombardier snowmobiles and feel they have been the best for years.They are new to the quads however and may have some growing pains.Most opinions I have heard have been positive though and the outlander 400 won the atv of the year.What kinds of problems have you been having?

Old 12-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you go the the Bombardier navigation area and read the post: Update on Quest 650 you will see the problems I've encountered. Thanks

Quick Reply: Eton 90 vs Kasea 90