Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

my LT 50 wont go

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my LT 50 wont go

Hi there

I have just spend the whole day stripping and cleaning the carb and the exhaust and the spark plug. Still nothing. The limiters in both the exhaust and the inlet manifold are out. The whole thing is nice and clean and it just idles and eventually will putter forward with the throttle maxed and i can walk the speed it goes. HELP. Please bear in mind I dont no the lingo for engines and things but if u tell what it looks like and what to do I can do it. This is a great forum. thanx[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default my LT 50 wont go

If you pick up the rear end, use the grab bar , and then use the throttle....does it rev up? Do the wheels spin fast?Does it seem that the engine revs are related to wheel speed? Trying to find out if this is a carb problem or a clutch problem.

Old 01-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default my LT 50 wont go

First answer hondabuster's question. If it is the engine and not the clutch, next thing to check is for restrictions in air flow or fuel (dirty air filter, clogged fuel line, bad gas, moisture in gas, etc...)

If you're gonna be working on these things learn rule #1........

For proper combustion you need 3 things

Spark
Fuel
Air

You also need the right percentage of air versus fuel for any combustion engine to work properly.

Old 01-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default my LT 50 wont go

When I pick up the rear then the wheels do spin but not always and they gradually build up speed. I took off the air filter and there was a slight improvement . I think its fuel myself but I have done as much as I know how to with it. Even lifted of the ground though there is no where near the speed it used to go. My daughter is 4 and she is petite and it wont even carry her weight.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default my LT 50 wont go

How did the motor sound when you were doing that? Fine? normal? Rev quickly and cleanly?
if so....
Im thinking you have a worn clutch. Check the owners manual, for an adjustment for that.
If however, the motor sounds like its stumbling or missing, or plugged up, then its probably a carb adjustment/cleaning.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default my LT 50 wont go

the engine is slow to rev. It has no power then it will suddenly rev and then go back to idle. I dont think its the clutch. I had a look in the manual and it suggest the gasket on the cylinder head but i see no dirt to indicate that so. To me it sounds like fuel but I am no mechanic. I dont hear the clutch slipping. the engine sound is not clean. it has stutters so maybe it is timing. is that possible?

Old 01-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default my LT 50 wont go

Is it oil injected if so is it smoking excesssively. Maybe its getting to much oil. just my .o2

Old 01-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default my LT 50 wont go

Timing isnt easily adjusted on a two stroke, the "port "timing is fixed, and the ignition timing is handled by the cdi box.
I think youre back to the carb.
Check the rubber intake, thats the hose looking thing that the carb is attached to. Check for leaks, cracks, any thing that will let air in.
Look at the vent, in the gas cap, if its plugged, then gas wont flow.If it has a fuel filter, that could slow the flow, if its dirty.
After you cleaned the carb, how did you set the air jet?
http://216.37.204.202/suzuki_oem/Suz...e=13&A=114&B=7
(Number 21 on the picture, at this site.) Its shows 1 1/8 turn out from lightly seated.
I believe the fuel petcock, is vacumn operated. check that vacumn hose for leaks, and turn it to prime and see if that helps. In the prime setting, fuel will flow even without vacumn.
let us know how that goes.

Old 01-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default my LT 50 wont go

Pull the plug. Look closely and you'll probably see a very small bit of carbon between the electrode and the tip. Knock it out of the way and it'll run fine until next time.

These little motors are really restricted and have a tendency to carbon up easily. Switching to really good 2-stroke oil like Motul 600 will help.

Let us know if that fixes it.

Also possibility- the vacuum line between the intake elbow and the petcock is loose/leaking. Try turning the petcock to prime instead of on and see if that helps.

Old 01-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default my LT 50 wont go

Well now I do feel like the blonde bimbo. I took the bike to suzuki and now its running like a dream. According to them the exhaust port was block to the size of a pin head. Still find that hard to swallow as I had the exhaust off and everything checked out. Still I have learnt a lot in the past few days so thanx guys.