Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

50CC FOR A 4 YEAR OLD

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50CC FOR A 4 YEAR OLD

I'm DEFINITELY NOT worried about speed. I just want to get her something she can ride around on and something that I won't have to work on all the time. I know it won't be a waist of money, she has one of those battery powered Jeeps and she has pretty much warn it out. When I first got it I thought she would lose intrest real quick, but wow was I wrong, She loves that thing. I also want something that my son can use when she grows out of it. I would rather stay with a four-stroke as well, just for less hassle and what not. I was looking at those little Kazumas, there are some for sale on Ebay that seem pretty reasonable w/ shipping and all.

Old 01-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Sure at 4 they do not need to go too fast, but in a year they are disappointed in the performance and size of these machines. There is minimal suspension. How do you start the LT50?, Notice how I wrote "YOU" and not the kid? Try to go up a hill on the LT50, let alone go up a sand hill. There is no transmission. Every time we are in the desert we hear of smeone who is very disappointed in the LT50, especially after seeing how the "others" run.

True the LT80 is a different story, they do hold their value and are good machines, but we were not discussing the LT80.

Old 01-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

i lookeed at a few quads and the best one size wise was definatley the suzuki lt50 i think its the smallest one. my daughter cant realy ride it properly yet but she only got it for christmas.anything bigger or faster would have been unsuitable she is 4 years old .she understands how to ride it she is just abit scared of it.the manufacturer says it is for 6 years and above. so if your daughter is 4 then dont get any thing bigger than a 50

Old 01-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

Kazumas, red cat ,meer cat and agra cat are one and the same just depends on where you buy it i like the 4 stroke 4speed tranny beacuse i can put my 3 year old on it in first year and BAM it's the same as his 12volt but it has brakes and a gas i agree it's the slowest bike out ther because it has to be shifted and the little ones CAN NOT shift them ( i feel is a good thing) i bought my older son a 2 stroke when he was 2 and the first day with it slowed down bye every means possible he fliped it over SCared the crap out of me i parked it right then and there and bought a 4 stroke 4speed tranny honda never had any more crashes he now rides a 80cc rappy and he's 6 the rappy is stilllll a slower bike and hard to learn how to shift But when he jumps up too his next bike he will be soo far ahead of the other little ones who have always rode cvt bikes my 3 year old would be riding a 50cc rappy right Now buttt there still the same size frame as the 80cc rappy and it's tooooo big for him so i'm kicking the idea around about the red cat as a fill bike till he learns and grows a bit then sell it for what every it will bring and move him too the 80cc rappy i agree the red cat resell will suck But u have too remember it's almost 1/3 cheaper than the name brand bikes

just my 2 cents

Old 01-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

at 4 years old i wouldnt want my child to be able to start a quad

Old 01-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help guys. I live in Virginia, not too worried about sand. Its mostly flat hard dirt with some pretty big creeks and reviegns, which she will not be riding through anyway. But there is plenty of flat space/trails around my house for her to ride around and not get hurt. I think she does need an auto though, cause she would probably get pretty frustrated with a manual.

Old 01-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

STAY AWAY FROM KAZUMA, REDCAT OR WHATEVER ELSE THEY ARE CALLING THESE THINGS!!! They are a pile of JUNK!!! We got one for my son last june when he was 4 and it is completely destroyed now!! Has a motor that won't climb a dirt claud and can't get out of its own way. Maintenance is awful!! Just as an example, you have to take all the plastics and floorboards off to change the air cleaner!!

Look into the Polaris Pred 50 or Suzuki/Kawasaki (those are the same) I also have heard that e-ton and kasea are good bikes

Chris

Old 01-24-2004, 03:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am selling a 2002 LT50, my little sister wants to start racing and we need something a little faster. This was a great 4 wheeler. I took out all the restrictors, put a custom UNI air filter and adapter on it, and re-jetted. We have never had a problem with it, she rides it maybe once a month, it is in great shape I have pictures if you want to email me at westexgt@aol.com I am willing to ship.

Kevin

Old 01-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my 4 yo son an LT50 a year ago and don't regret it one bit. It's a great starter quad for smaller kids. It's the perfect size for him even after a year. The controls on the larger quads are still to big for his hands. With all the restrictors removed it goes plenty fast for his riding skills. I really don't want him going up steep hills at this stage. I would rather him go slower and be safe, than get hurt, and becoming another statistic for the anti-atv crowd to use.

I made the decision knowing that eventually he would grow out of it and I would have to replace it, but for now it allows him to go riding with us instead of being left out.

The fit and finish and overall quality is far better on the lt than on my older son's Xtreme 90. I'm sure I will be able to get a decent price for it when it comes time to sell.

Of course all kids are different, and it's up to their parents to make the right decision on what they should be riding.

Old 01-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Trailblazer

i would suggest going with the lt50, #1 because you have a dealer close by and 2nd because of having a dealer close by he should have no problem taking the 50 for a trade in when your ready to move up to the lt80.

Quick Reply: 50CC FOR A 4 YEAR OLD