Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Anyone have a pic of FMF Fatty pipe on a Pred. 90??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a pic of FMF Fatty pipe on a Pred. 90??

Looking to squeeze a little more performance out of my kid's Predator 90. One of the mods I would like to do is switch to a better pipe. Does anyone have a picture of the FMF fatty pipe installed on a Pred. 90 or for that matter a pic of any other aftermarket pipe on a Predator? Thanks.

Old 02-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard that the FMF pipe does not work as well as others. I would try Hetrick, he has one now that fits perfect. (can also get the clutch dialed in) Just need to bail the oil resevoir.

Old 02-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the tip on the FMF. I have heard of Hetricks.....I'll check them out as well.

Old 02-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am getting a FMF pipe for my kids atv. From what I have read a fmf pipe gives more power in the low to midrange with a little boost at higher rpm and is only 169$. Im not slammin any other pipes but the others seem to have powerband that works for track racing (high rpm) . The fmf is more suited for woods riding and comes with a muffler for that price. It all depends on what you are going to use it for and how much money you can spend. I contacted fmf and they sent me a dyno chart. If you want, I will send you the info. Again, Im not slammin anybodys pipes. The part# for the fmf pipe is 025018.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Below is a cut / paste I cpoied from a different mini-Quad forum....

< ------------------------- >

For Pred-90:

- FMF Fatty gold series pipe with a Turbine Core 2 silencer.

Yes it did really wake up his bike. I'm 6 feet tall 228lbs & it took off in a wheelie like a bat out of hell & flew down the path really fastrer. The first words out of my mouth were holy SH** & my first thought was. "how fast it would be with my 80 lb son on it". The thing i liked most was there was no mods to do no removing battery or oil tank it went on within minutes & sounds so sweet. Can't wait till the air filter comes in & then rejet it, that will finish the first thing, then it's time to look at other things to do like suspension.

For details, See Part "FMF025018" within: Press Here

For visual, surf bottom picture at: Press Here

< ------------------------- >

Hope this helps...

Old 02-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the fast post. Is there any way you could send me a pic of the pipe you took off? The reason im asking is because this looks very diffrent from the way the stock pipe routs thru the frame. On mine the pipe has a 90 deg bend as soon as it bolts up to the motor.Thanks. Scott. scottsboy@wideopenwest.com

Old 02-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To obtain Before & After information or pictures of the FMF Fatty Pipe, its jetting details, etc., you may want to send a PM to " Suzukiz400rydr " within posting http://forums.atvCource.com/viewtopic.php?t=22827
* Note: Change the "C" to "S" in the above URL and you should be able to manualy link to this topic.

Hope this helps....

Old 02-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Has anyone checked out the mods that Hot Seat Performance has done to the Pred 90? Just wondering. I have always been impressed with their stuff for Scrammys and Pred 500s. Just wondering if anyone has any of their mods on the 90.

Old 02-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

I wasn't aware Hot Seat had anything for the Pred. 90.........I'll have to check it out. Your correct also, they have great products and are excellent to work with....when I had my Sportsman 700 I used them a lot.

Old 02-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2Gordons

Just need to bail the oil resevoir.
Just need to bail the oil resevoir

How do you do that?
What are the positives and negatives?

Thanks Geoff.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a pic of FMF Fatty pipe on a Pred. 90??