Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

she wont wear a helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default she wont wear a helmet

Thanks guys thaks for all the advise,

ive no intention off letting her ride without at least a helmet full stop,

my original queerie was with regards to whether she wether i should let her wear a helmet of the cycling kind that are common these days you know the ones that protect the main skull but dont cover the ears or face,

her main problem seems to be having a full face or normal open face slipped over her head, im just wondering whether it makes her feel closed in and clostrophobic and whether a cycling helmet would be adequate if shes willing to try it as they sit on the head more like a hat and dont enclose the face, it might give her the confidence to try a proper helmet at a later date,

Old 02-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

what i would recommend is modifing the skid lid a bit it may be uncomfatabul (i know not spelt right) and you said when you told her to go get her brother she changed her mind maybe she dont want to ride with her bro maybe she had a minor expirience that makes her hesitant to ride with him if thats the case just ride with her or walk along with her. good luck.

peace out

Old 02-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

if you let her pick the helmet and the color that might help

Old 02-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

i hate to wear my helmet,i have a full face, when my dad told me how i could hrut my head and may have a concution(and i cant ride my 4wheeler) i put it on and played it safe... i know thats hard to explain to a 2 year old but just tell her helemet or no bike ... and that is that

Old 02-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

right i think ill take her to toys r us and have a casual wander down the cycle section hopefully they will have some sort of barbie cycle helmet,

ill just see if shees willing to try something like that on, i would rather she had a proper motorcyling lid on but it may be a posative start,

its a shame realy cos she cant comunicate what it is thats bothering her, ill just keep trying till i get there,

rest assured tho i have absolutly NO intention of letting her ride without protection,

thanks every one for the advise, and affirming what i already think, no helmet - no riding

Old 02-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

congrats on being a good parent but you should try to at least find a helmet that covers her ears trust me I have had a branch in the ear before it hurts like ell

Old 02-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

cheers for that,

shes only gona be on an open beach at walking pace for quite a while, it might just get her over her fear then i'll upgrade strait away,

ill work on her a little more tho cos were having our first outing of the year next week while the kids are off for half term,

Old 02-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

UK,

Get another little girl to come over and ride your daughter's ATV while wearing a helmet. Have the girl laugh and look like she is having the time of her life. Your daughter will be jealous and envious seeing the other little girl having fun on her ATV and she'll want to ride it. She won't think twice about putting that helmet on because she'll be thinking more about getting her ATV away from the other little girl.

As others have said, do not let her ride without a helmet. That's the number one way for a kid to get a major injury.

Old 02-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

thanks Dbeck,

nothing like little rivalry and jelousy, to stir things up, ill keep it in mind,

Old 02-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

IMHO, I think 2 is a little young for a gas powered quad, I probably would go with one of the battery ones. But, if you want her to learn the LT50, no helmet, no ride, no exceptions!
i agree with this dude. if it were me, id start her out on an electric quad and put the gas quad away for awhile...it wont be a waste - she'll grow up/older quick and be able to ride it...
but either way - no helmet = no ride. period.

Quick Reply: she wont wear a helmet