Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

she wont wear a helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 06:57 PM
lgr
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default she wont wear a helmet

Originally posted by: UKzilla
i got my 2 year old daughter an LT50 for christmas, shes obsessed with quading but i cant get her to wear a helmet so as yet she hasnt ridden her quad.....

is any protection better than no protection or should i hold out till she wear the proper thing??
Throw the helmet on her head or don't ride at all! Maybe if you took her down to pick out a helmet, she would put one on. If not, doesn't sound like she wants to ride bad enough to put on helmet.

Old 02-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

I agree I would not let her ride with out a helmet! Main thing is to stick to it cause if ya don't, she'll think "well you know he let me get away w/ this maybe I can get away w/ that." I hope everything works out, I'm sure it will! Good luck

Old 02-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Guys he said he finally got her to wear the helmet and said he won't let her on unless she has one on. So all there is to do now is wait and hear how much fun they had together. His next post might be how do I get my daughter to let go of the quad and take off that silly helmet. Good job sticking to you guns UK.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

well our beach trip was a bit of a disaster, the quad had been sat in my storage unit since xmas cos she wouldnt wear the helmet, my boy had had a couple of goes on his,

we loaded up, got there, i fired the little LT to give it a warm up, and realised i hadnt screwed the throttle back cos it had been sat there unused, I didnt have any tools atall with me so there was no way i could let her ride on a full throttle,

ill get her out on her own next week when my boy is back at school,

my boy had a rip around on his and managed to find every puddle and sh!tty bit on the strech of beach, i think hes gona grow up to be a MUDER,lol

Old 02-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drive all that ways and have no tools to adjust the throttle screw??? That really sucks!!!!

On our '03 Pred-90, you can store small tools under its seat. If you can store tools somewhere on your quad or the other one your son drives, it might be worth hidding a few basic tools in their storage bins. We also store all sorts of screw drivers, vice grips, etc. under the seat of our car & van. One never knows when you need tools like this. This idea might work for you too. When it comes to kid's enjoyment, us adults learn very quickly to "not make a same mistake twice".

Hope these ideas help...

Old 02-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Spike,

yeah, i wont make that mistake again,LOL im struggling living it down now,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: deanz400
stick to your guns no helmet no ride if she wants to bad enough she'll put one on . be safe !!!!!!!!
I agree with that no helmet, NO RIDE!! thats what my dad did with me back when i was a little kid on my quad. because that helmet kept me OUT of the hospital a couple times. a scratched helmet is much better than a cracked skull. and altho kids may not like wearing the helmet.....they will look back one day and thank you for it.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol I am finding it kinda comical that the whole "no helmet no ride" thing is being brought up in almost every post...its been stated over and over again and UK has stated that he had/has no intentions of letting her ride without one over and over again

as far as the age thing goes if you think she is ready then give it a go.

I hope that your next visit to the beach is better then the last one.

Friesen

ps...UK dont start off a post stating that a trip was a disaster when you are talking about letting your little girl ride for the first time...kinda scares people!! lol

Old 02-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Trailblazer

Mnfriesen, no whats comical is you trying to play forum police by telling people how and what to post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

Just interjecting a quicky..... My 12 year old was the same... I told him no helmet no ride.... Reluctantly he put it on...... 1 mile into the ride he flipped it on top of himself trying to climb a hill and his helmet has a huge gouge in it from where he hit it on a rock.... Had I not insisted on a helmet that day... who knows what may have happened... I get the ****** every time I think about that day ... Please do it rite man.

Quick Reply: she wont wear a helmet