Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

my kids want lights!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my kids want lights!

I just put the Warn 35 watt back up light on my sons Scrambler 90. Got it to fit in the spot where the fake light is. It was a very simple install. I used an 18 inch by 13/4 inch metal strap and formed it to bolt to where the frame and bumber connect. Then attached the light mounting bracket to the strap. With a little massaging it fit beautifully and my son is very happy. Thanx for the tip on the 35 watt bulb.
Cammer

Old 09-20-2004, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider

I fabbed up 2 light kits for my kids lt 80s back in august while on vacation at sand lake. I used a 35 watt round tractor/utility light and mounted it on the handle bar mounts. I ran a 14 gauge wire to the battery and then to a 20 AMP TOGGLE switch. next I installed a in-line fuse between the fuse and the light. For the tail light I bought a cheap bullet style tail light that had a 90degree bracket on the back, which mated up perfectly under the seat to the fender bracket. I only recomend running for around an hour with this set up unless you have your electronics modified. Also to keep the kids from playing with the lights on day rides I put the switch under the gas tank so they can't play with it or run it durring the day. Lights were 8.00 each, toggle switch 4.95 each, in line fuse 4.00 each, wire 1 roll 14gauge 3.99, tail light 3.99. I bought LED lights but haven't played with them yet. Also theese lights worked awesome in the dunes, my kids had a blast riding as the son set on the beach.

Old 09-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Duck, let me know how the LED's work... I was trying to work with the folks at RADLIGHTS to make some of the 1156 type bulbs using bright white bulbs, but to date they don't seem to be able to... At least and not be affordable.... Seems to me, if a person were to mount a couple of them with 19 or so bright white LED's.. they would provide enough visability. They make them already with red and amber, why not white?

Old 09-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Range Rover

eton comes with lights saves alot of headaches.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Bombman once again quit trying to sell an eton and stick to the subject would you. Believe it or not people that already own atvs would rather add to or modify them rather than selling thier quad to help boost your commision on a sale! Granted there are a very small group who might sell an existing atv to buy one with lights, but that is not was being asked here.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone who knows about the Arctic Cat 90 4stroke ? can I also put lights on this vehicle ? How many watts does the strator on the AC 90 produce ?

Thanks !

Old 09-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

I know I keep hitting the subject of changing the "safety guidlines".. but did you all know that the rules that define the mini class has a requirement for NO WORKING LIGHTS on mini's... the thought behind it was that they thought it dangerous for young children to be riding after dark. So they would make it difficult by not including working head lights.

So if a manufacturer puts lights on them, they technically do not conform to the guidelines... It does not prohibit lights from being installed after the sale, just that the manufacturers are not to do it if they want to follow the guide....

I for one feel this is one place where a change would be welcome.

Old 09-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

Torik, and anyone else that has a question regarding Stator power... I'd suggest you contact Ricky Stator directly and ask. I have found that they are very up to date on all the specs, and share their knowledge freely... which is a rare occurance these days. when I asked, they even sent me a wiring diagram and instructions on how to do my own.. for free.... now that is what I call "CUSTOMER SERVICE".

Old 09-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

i'am not a dealer just trying to help were eton already has a light hook up i think its great that a comp. has the lite option available from the manufacturer.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

so does the Raider GPX, from usamotortoys.com

Quick Reply: my kids want lights!