Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

e-ton Yukon cxl 150

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-ton Yukon cxl 150

I recently purchased an o4 Yukon CXL 150 for my wife. It seems that when going down a grade, the bikes engine does not hold back the bike as my honda does. If you give it throttle it seems to help but when you apply the brakes it takes off. When the back brakes are applied they lock up. My wife has only ridden it a few times and I think the chain needs to be adjusted and the front brakes adjusted. We had a falling out with the dealer over another purchase of a 150 so I don't want to go back to him. The manual does not offer much information if I want to work on it myself. Also, it seems that it takes a second or two for the clutch to engage once you push the throttle unlike my Honda, which takes off right away. Does anyone have a 04 yukon that I can ask a few more questions. I can be contacted at jrthomas@pennswoods.net

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had bought my daughter a 150 yukon as a starter ride , the chain is really cheap so after a days ride i was constantly adjusting it , and the brakes were just as bad , after 2 years of that i traded it in on a z250 which has a shaft drive hense no chain adjustment , and the brakes are really solid . a good beginner ride is the z250 or polaris trail boss 330 and there are several others out there , from now on i'll pay the extra money for a big name brand , good luck ..

Old 04-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the post. When you tightened up the chain did you have to loosen both of the bolts on each side of the axle before tighting up the adjuster? Just wanted to make sure that I had loosen both, as I did the last time I tightened the chain. What did you do about the brakes locking up? Did you also have a problem with the bikes engine " not holding itself back when going down grades? It seems I am always into the brakes in going downhill, although it does seem if I give it some throttle going down hill it helps but as soon as I put on the brakes its like the bike goes into neutral. Lastly, did you have a problem with your bike taking a few seconds to engage the clutch and go when you push the throttle? Any suggestions on where I can get a good repair manual other than the owners manual? My wife was looking for a small ATV, which offer automatic transmission and at the time the only one I could find was the Yukon but now I find that Yamaha has come out with a 125 ATV automatic.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to answer some of your questions the brakes never could seem to get them adjusted right ,they would feel good when i adjusted them then after a short ride they would either be non existant or to tight , the fronts weren't as bad but they still needed lots of attention . the chain was a pain also i think they used such a cheap chain that it just stretches .only way around that i figured was buy a really high quality chain , the machine does free wheel going down hills but thats just the type of automatic drive train it is .the bike s belt drive clutch does take a second to engage thats also the nature of the beast the CVT tranny they all do it to some extent , i never did find a manual for the machine , the only suggestion would be to go to the dealer and see if you could get a shop manual thru them .my final suggestion is when you hit the frustration leval of wanting to take a hammer to the machine is trade it for a polaris or another automatic , big name ,ilearned my lesson .

Old 11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2000 yukon cxl 150, it will start but wont idle. It will stay running as long as i keep giving it gas. I think the choke is automatic because I cant find a choke anywhere. Can someone give me some hints on what I need to check, or what might be wrong. I think the choke is stuck is that possible.